46: The wheels are in motion

Start from the beginning

Marching proudly and confidently towards Minki and Lucca was the Alpha and Arne. Immediately, they stood up; the duo unaware of why the Alpha was striding their way. Minki swallowed the lump in his throat and he desperately hoped that the Alpha didn't notice how frightened he was by his presence.

"Minki, right?" The Alpha asked once he was face to face with the duo. Minki nodded his head rapidly. "Good. You two are coming with me in 2 days' time. We are going to give our intruders a warm welcome. So, be prepared!"

Then, they left; leaving Minki panicking and dreading the events to come.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

Taehyung came dashing inside the pack house where Jin, Namjoon and Hoseok were at. The three boys' heads turned immediately once they heard the panicked breathing of their friend. Namjoon stood up, his heart beating furiously in his chest. They all waited with anxious and dreadful hearts for Taehyung to speak. Whatever news he was about to share, they wouldn't be good.

"He's going after them"

Taehyung said in between heavy breaths, sweat rolling down his forehead.

"After who?"

Hoseok asked, confused as he exchanged glances with the other people in the room.

"The people that invaded their territory." Taehyung replied quickly and, focusing his eyes on Namjoon, he let his worries out. "We need to do something Namjoon. We are not sure but Jungkook might be there. And if its Jungkook and that Alpha knows about it, and they end up meeting and being face to face after all those years! Jungkook will be slaughtered or even worse he might flip and just kil-"

"Nothing of that will happen"

Jin screamed as he slammed his hands on the wooden table aggressively. Taehyung faintly jolted at the sudden sound, surprised at Jin's reaction.

"How do we know that there's even a possibility that Jungkook is there?"

Hoseok asked since he knew nothing of the events that had happen a few days before. Jin threw a piercing glare at Taehyung, forbidding the boy from speaking. However, Namjoon decided to fill Hoseok in on their current situation.

"Minki reported to us a few days ago that someone had stepped into the territory and killed one of the members. The Alpha was angry, mostly due to the fact, one of these intruders had a scar on his cheek"

"Wait, wait" Hoseok replied, standing up from his seat and looking around the room. "Are we talking about the pack that attacked our patrol group? The one up north? THE pack?"

They all nodded their heads. Hoseok couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"That's the biggest and most powerful pack in the country. Jungkook wanted to send a spy so we could get information about them to somehow get an upper hand. And now, you are telling me there's a chance that it might be Jungkook and Hani that stepped into their territory. Which, consequently, is fueling even more this quarrel that those two have. Is he stupid?"

"It doesn't end there, Hoseok hyung" Taehyung said, walking towards the table. "This Alpha has a scar exactly like Jungkook's, according to Minki. And when we went to check on Daejung and Kkyu, Jungkook asked if an Alpha with a scar on his face had been involved"

"How did he know about the scar? They have never met each other, right? Sure, that they have been quarreling here and there but it's all because we and them are the biggest packs. It's just a political thing. Right?"

"It's not just a scar. It's a similar one." Taehyung emphasized, dropping his hands on the table. "And they know that the other has one, exactly the same. Which only means that they somehow know one another for quite a while. And judging by the way that they reacted to the existence of the other... I'm assuming it's not a good past."