21: Restoration

A/N: rewritten due to changes in writing style.

It was a white room, decorated by potted plants that were scattered around the place meticulously. No one had been inside it in a while. Everything was untouched, dust covered the furniture, the plants were slowly withering, an eerie atmosphere clouded the room. On the white bed, Hani had been laid down; yet, the girl's body was numb, quiet. It didn't even shiver, once a freezing, death-chilling breeze collided with her, gently lifting the covers off her feet. The girl was pale, mute, silent, motionless; not even her chest raised to catch a glimpse of oxygen, her body had given up. Hani was still, stiff, unreachable, like the dead.

Just the simple sight of her made her father's stomach flip; the guilt, the dread, drowned him, stole all air from his lungs. He had been in that same position far more times than he wished for, he should have been used to it by now. Yet, it was his daughter this time who laid inert at his feet. Unfortunately, many had been killed while he was an alpha and his mate had been mercilessly taken away from him and Hani... Her life appeared to be hanging by a thread; a very thin, fragile thread. A thread that was her mate, the last person her father wished to see. In all honestly, the thought of ripping his pack doctor apart, had crossed his mind, once he told him they had to bring the True Alpha as fast as possible; that is, if he wished his daughter to survive. He hadn't even explained to him what was happening to Hani and why was that boy necessary. What could he do that his doctor couldn't? The True Alpha's presence in his daughter's life was a threat, a threat to the plan he had been constructed throughout the years. He took her away from him, making it impossible for the plan to work. No, the True Alpha's sole existence was ruining his detailed revenge.

The pack doctor was the oldest member of the pack. Hani's father remembered him from his childhood and they had known each other ever since his own father had become the alpha of the pack. The doctor had a certain eternal aura to him, he never seemed to age and he had always been there, from the very start of everything. It was rather odd, to say the least. Perhaps, that's why he knew so much and why he was incredibly skilled on his craft. He was a great asset to the pack, someone Hani's father trusted deeply and, surprisingly, he had a big influence on the pack's affairs and matters, even to the point of forcing the alpha to change his mind. His age offered him a calmness, a patient and kind resting aura that was captivating and inspired a feeling of peace on those surrounding him. Words were scarce, in fact, he barely said anything at all; but when he did, it was only wisdom that fell from his chapped dry lips. Hani's mother, in particularly, searched a lot for his advice. They shared a meaningful bond built on the multiple stories, the knowledge and the curiosity he shared with her. Jinsang, was his name. He was sitting by Hani's bed, on a chair that was leaned against the wall. His hands held the walking stick he usually carried with him and on top of them, he rested his head as he analyzed Hani. Eventually, he'd get up, yet, all he did was change the towel that was on the girl's forehead, replacing it with a fresh one. He didn't say much, in fact, he only opened his mouth to ask for the True Alpha. Other than that, Jinsang much like Hani, appeared to be statues.

A door was slammed open. The brutality of action startled everyone. They all waited for him, for thunder to strike their heads. They shook furiously in their place; all of them could sense the wrath, the anger that radiated the air that he touched. At last, he reached them. Once more, the door barely remained intact; with strength, brute force, it clashed against the wall. The sound echoed, filling the once silent atmosphere, with rage, alerting everyone to the Alpha's presence. Violently, the ground trembled under his feet, the walls attempted to collapse. Some people were seeing him for the first time – the True Alpha. Most had only heard of him and of the things he had done with his bare hands. The countless lives he had stolen mercilessly, the destruction he brought with him. Those only knew the tale, not the True Alpha, not Jungkook. Fear and admiration swirled, mixed, blended together in their heart at his sight. An admiration that came from the glorification of power, which, in a sense, turned the True Alpha into a divinity, a nature that they could never mimic, never erase. That sense of powerlessness, of nothingness that the Alpha arose in them, once they compared his stature, his strength, next to theirs; coated their bodies in fear. For they knew that all it took was one wrong step, to plunge them to death. Only one had the courage to speak and when he did, the words were calm, peaceful, collected.