12: Settling in pt2

A/N: rewritten due to changes in writing style

They didn't walk for too long. The trio of friends, who had somehow turned into Hani's guides, talked happily between them and occasionally asked her questions so that she could be a part of their conversation. Hani smiled at them, her heart was imbued in a warm wave ignited by the sweetness of the group. The people around them watched them curiously from afar, probably wondering what the lively group was up to, this time. Noticing their eyes on her, Hani smiled at the people and they returned the tender smile, acknowledging their new Luna.

The market was in a clearing, displaced from the cabins. Multiple stands stood next to one another, creating a hallway of sorts that guided those who entered it. The place was crowded by the members of the pack who conversated with one another, bought a variety of fresh products and thanked warmly the owners for the food. Hani felt Yeona's hand touch hers, trying to catch her attention. Barely reaching her waist, Yeona was on her tiptoes, desperately trying to hold the girl's hands. Hani giggled at how cute the little girl was and crouched down to pick her up. Yeona was glaring at Hani upset that she wasn't tall enough but, nevertheless, she wrapped her arms around Hani's neck.

"Lead the way captain"

She told Yeona with a playful smile on her face. Melting into the older girl's bright smile, Yeona smiled too and started instructing Hani where to go. The two boys walked by their side, their hands clutching onto Hani's pants, so that they wouldn't get lost in the huge crowd.

"It's there"

Excitedly, Yeona screamed pointing at one of the stands at the end of the row that they were in. Nodding her head, Hani put her back down. Wasting no time and unable to contain their excitement, Yeona and the two boys sprinted off; they ran towards the stand giggling. From the decoration, Hani assumed it was a flower shop. All different kinds of flowers and arrangements were displayed, decorating the wooden structure beautifully. It definitely stood out in the middle of the others who were rather simple and plain. Hani recognized most of the flowers, especially her favorite. Unconsciously, Hani reached out her hands to touch the yellow flower.

"The sulfur cosmos... interesting pick"

An unknown voice startled Hani, causing her hand to back away abruptly from the flower. An elderly lady was observing her behind the stand tenderly. Unbothered by the situation, the trio of friends were focused on pointing at the variety of flowers displayed, discussing amongst themselves which one was the prettiest.

"Sorry... I didn't" Embarrassed, Hani tried to explain herself to the elderly lady. She was rather flustered, judging by how she stumbled and fumbled with her words as she spoke. "I just felt drawn to them... I'm sorry"

The lady shook her head side to side while waving her head, shrugging Hani's shyness and embarrassment away. Gently, she too, took one of the flowers in her hand.

"These flowers are quite unique, Luna. They harvest many meanings in them. They gained their name from their petal arrangement, how perfectly placed its petals stand. 'Cosmos' means universe, however, the flower also symbolizes harmony and order." Delicately, the woman trailed the flowers' petals; somehow, luring and seducing Hani's eyes to dive deeper into its color. "Well... they are mostly known for symbolizing the idea of 'walking hand in hand together'"

Hani was unfamiliar with the flower's meaning. Actually, it was the first time she was hearing it. She had just felt drawn to them growing up, collecting them every time she went out. Now, Hani learned to cherish the flower even more. The meaning made her love for it grow. And despite not being able to grasp it fully, Hani engraved the woman's words in her mind. Although the words she engraved, were nothing more than her own interpretation of the meaning. That order in the universe requires harmony.