04: True Alpha

A/N: rewriting some of the chapters due to changes in my writing style 

"I was ten years old when it happened. I was in a pack with my parents and my little sister, who I had already named Jieun. We lived far away from the pack. We didn't have any other choice. We were forced to be far away from there, like we didn't live there at all. My father was an omega, my mom a weak beta. The pack that we were in, was known for being strong, for being full and crowded by alphas. My family was the weakest link, the underdogs, the one's that didn't fit in. Usually, they wouldn't allow us to belong to that pack. They didn't want their reputation to be tainted by weaklings. However, my father was allowed to stay, since him and the leader of that pack were childhood friends. We were happy, there. In the midst of all that struggle and unwelcomeness, we were happy. Even though they stepped on us every day and mocked us as we passed by. We were happy, we were so happy. I was happy, my parents were madly in love with each other. I was about to big brother. Life was good"

Jungkook took a deep breath, closing his eyes as if trying to get rid of a bad image in his head. Hani noticed the circles that he drew on her hand increase, becoming faster, wider. She could see he was nervous about telling her this. Truthfully, she was nervous too. Nervous to hear the outcome of the story, the piece of truth in the tale, that she had so long wished to know.

"The alpha's son was my schoolmate. He had a habit of picking on the weak. So it's no surprise that I quickly became his favorite toy. Being a son of an omega only meant one thing: that I was destined to be one myself. Not only had I inherited my father's looks, I had also inherited his weakness. He'd pick on me every day at school. He'd steal my lunch that my mother had so delicately prepared in the morning for me to take. He'd hit me just for laughs. Mock me just simply for existing. And I honestly didn't care. Nothing of what he said mattered to me. But, one day, he decided to search deeper and find something much sharper to hurt me with - my family. He called my father names, laughed at my mother's lunch. I never told my parents about it but, one day... one day, I was so tired and I just couldn't take it anymore. My mom was... terrifyingly nervous when I told her. My dad... my dad was absolutely pissed at me. That day, he told me: No matter how strong, how powerful, how big your opponent is, you should always fight back. For there is nothing more embarrassing, weaker, than to go down without a fight. It is not strength or power that makes a winner, a survivor, a fighter... it's will and persistence."

"Your father gives amazing advices. He must be a tough one, too"

Jungkook smiled tenderly at the girl. Bravely, he wrapped his arm around her, his free hand twirling a lose strand of her hair in his finger. Hani slightly blushed at the gesture. Her whole body felt fuzzy, electrified. His body was pressed to hers, she could feel every bit of him. The night was cold, but the girl was warm and bright like a summer afternoon.

"The next day at school, I decided to fight back. My dad's words echoed in my mind as I punched the alpha's son, until I couldn't raise my hands anymore. I was tired of him. I was tired of hearing him call such awful names to my father, to my family. Calling my father weak and useless, when my father was so much more... f*ck he was so much more than what people saw. I arrived home with an open lip but not even that, could stop the proud smile on my face. As soon as my foot entered our small cabin, I rushed to tell my father about what I had done. He listened to me with a smile on his face, yet, the more I told him, more and more worry covered his eyes. I should have been able to tell how his eyes shook in fear, how dread washed over him. And I was too young, too naïve, too innocent, too... stupid. And I should have stayed when my mom told me to grab some wood. Perhaps, I could have stopped it from happening"

Jungkook's voice trembled at the end as if he was scared of telling the rest. Hani didn't know exactly why he felt that way, she couldn't read him. It could be because he was fearful of telling her his side of the story, perhaps not many people had bothered to hear it. Or perhaps, whatever words would come flowing out of his mouth in the next instances, would be too strong, too painful for the girl to take.