You Certainly Are Something - Freddie and Brian

A/N: as you may have seen, I have been struggling with writing for a bit. I was having a rubbish night full of anxiety last night and wrote this as a distraction. I hope you enjoy!

1963

The dance floor was packed, only pushing us closer together. I never really expected my prom to be like the 'typical' prom. You know, ending up with someone by the end of the night yet probably forgetting it ever happened by the next morning. I'm not like that, I'm not like this! I thought I'd be sat over there, in the corner of the room. Maybe talking to a teacher to pass the time. I did not expect to be here practically connected to this beauty.

The music paused, and then a love song played out, a song called In Dreams by Roy Orbison that was released earlier this year. I looked up to the glitter ball that was reflecting lights and colours on our hair and faces. When I looked back down my collar was yanked forward and I was being kissed. And I softly kissed back.

"You certainly are something Brian May"

1976

As I was scanning through the letters that had just come through my door, my eyes were caught in the only one that my address was hand written by. I opened it first and in fancy writing it said...

Brian May
You have been invited to the Oakwood School Reunion of the class of '63.
Formal dinner followed by a classic school disco in the school hall on Friday the 18th June at 6 o'clock.
We hope to see you there!

Good God! A secondary school reunion? I kind of hoped I'd never see some of those people ever again. I don't think I've kept in contact with a single person from my secondary school years.

I plodded around my kitchen, wondering if it would be a good idea to go or not. Ultimately I thought why not? It will likely be the only reunion we'll have and it will be nice to see some people that I haven't seen since I was 15, I'm 28 now!

The day quickly came and I put on a simple white shirt and black trousers, I had a tie with purple, black, and blue stripes so my outfit didn't look completely boring. I gave my stubble a shave and poofed my hair a bit, not that it did very much as it is already poofy. Everyone is going to remember me, my hair hasn't changed a bit, I've just grown even taller than I was back then. I put a drop of cologne on and chewed on some gum before leaving the house and driving back to school. Gosh it was so weird to be going back. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate school, I just didn't love it either.

I parked up and walked over to where I saw a group of people walking in. It looks like we are having dinner in the hall and the party will be in a newly built hall. The school has probably gained more students since I was here that they may have the need for two halls.

"Hey Brian! You haven't changed a bit" A girl ran up to me. Well, she's a woman now, not the girl I remember. It was Chrissie.

"Hi. I knew everyone would say that! How are you? It's been a while" I smiled

"I'm brilliant, I'm married now and I gave birth to a little boy last year. He's called James and my husband is called Gavin" She beamed

"That's wonderful" I smiled again and we began to walk in together

"And what about you? Settled down?" She asked

"No. I'm just very busy y'know. I'm an astrophysicist" I told her

"That's incredible. Do you still find time to play guitar?" She questioned

"Not as much time as I wish but yeah, I still play" I answered