Helping, I Hope 3 - Roger and John

A/N: so here we go! A part three requested by KimberlyLiska , xemodeakyx and deakystaylxs who even wanted a joger/dealor smooch in this chapter... let's see shall we!

John spent all morning trying to dress up for the day ahead. In the end he wore a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a red opened-buttoned checkered shirt over a white T-shirt. He'd messed up his hair a bit too. For school it would be combed and gelled but right now it was a curly mess at the front. It was messy, but not messy enough to look like he hadn't cared to do it, it suited him well.

John carefully placed his bass guitar into its case and zipped it up, pulling the strap over his shoulder before heading out. His sister was at a birthday party and his mum was working so John was encouraged to go out and not be alone at home. Roger asked him to join one of the music sessions he has with Brian and Freddie. John was nervous, he'd only ever played bass in front of his mum and sister. Plus, he didn't want to screw up in front of his crush.

That's right. John has developed strong feelings towards Roger, feeling he sometimes struggles to understand. He's never felt this way before and he doesn't want to ruin the friendship they've only recently made.

He found the house that Roger had told him to go to and knocked on the door. Sure enough, the blonde boy opened it up.

"Hey John! I'm glad you could make it" Roger hugged the younger boy before letting him in

"Thanks Rog, nice place" John complimented

"Freddie and Brian have nicer houses but we practise here so I don't have to move my drums. You and Brian don't have much to lug about and as for Freddie, he's his own instrument" Roger explained with a genuine smile on his face, "Do you want me to take you up to my room so you can set your stuff up? That's where we'll be playing"

"Uh, yeah sure" John's cheeks turned a bit pink as he followed Roger up the stairs and to his room

"Your room looks like mine with all these posters" John laughed

"Really? What bands do you like?" Roger asked excitedly

"The Beatles mainly, but anything with a catchy beat I like" John answered

"I like the Beatles too, just anything rock and roll" Roger gazed up at the posters in his room before meeting John's eyes, "I can't wait to hear you play"

"I've never really had an audience before" John shrugged getting all nervous

"Hey, you'll be fine! I'm sure you're great" Roger put his hands on John's shoulders and bent down to gain eye contact with John who was looking at the ground

"Thanks Rog" John gave him weary half smile

"You don't believe me" Roger stated. He now put his hand under John's chin, making him look up, "You are great John, amazing in fact"

"You haven't heard me play yet" John raised an eyebrow, still in Roger's gentle hold

"I wasn't talking about the bass." Roger very slowly leaned in, keeping his eyes partially open to see what John's reaction will be. If John pulled away then Roger would respect that and not carry on any further. Luckily for the both of them, John leaned in too, holding his breath and letting his eyes flutter shut. Their lips met in a single soft kiss, taking both of their breaths away. They looked at each other again with a new spark in their eyes and a new adoration for the other.

Knocking on the front door stopped any other exchange happening, apart from Roger giving John a big smile before dashing downstairs to let the other two in. John's new best friends crashed into the room, these guys could never be quiet.

"My darling Deaky!" Freddie high fives the youngest boy

"Deaky?" John questioned

"I just made it up! I hope you approve?" Freddie seemed proud and kind of smug of his little invention

"I don't mind" John shrugged

"If it gets on your nerves just call him Freddiekins" Brian smirked broadly

"If any of you call me that I will kick your arses so hard that you'll end up on planet Mercury" Freddie sassed

John put his hands up in surrender whilst everyone laughed. Eventually they got around to playing some stuff.

"What shall we play then?" Brian asked

"Hmm, how about Big Spender?" Freddie suggested, "Do you know that one Deaky?"

"I've never played it but I'll try" John nodded

Roger counted them in and Freddie began to sing, "The minute you walked in the joint" Brian played the small part and John listened the first time to work out how to play it, "I could see you were a man of distinction, a real big spender. Good looking so refined, say wouldn't you like to know what's going on in my mind? So let me get right to the point" John played along this time and the sound from the two guitars blended perfectly, "I don't pop my cork for every man I see." Roger then played his drums a bit louder and smashed the cymbals just as Freddie sang the next part, "Hey big spender" The three instruments made the perfect rock and roll twist on this classic tune, "Spend a little time with me!" They all played the tune again, this time with huge smiles on their faces as they realised how good this really sounded.

"That sounds so much better with a bass guitar added to it" Brian was the first to speak

"That was amazing John! You have a ear for music, that's for sure" Roger awed

"He's right darling, I've never heard anyone be able to pick it up with the rest of us that quickly. Trust me! Many have tried" Freddie grinned

"Thanks guys" John blushed, "I think you all sound incredible"

"We should form a band!" Roger shrieked

"Oh my gosh yes!" Freddie clapped, "We must think of a name and a logo! Oh! And songs! I'll get back to you guys on Monday at school. There's so much to plan!" Freddie nearly passed out with excitement

"Chill out Fred" Brian chuckled, "We have years to sort that all out"

John chuckled and looked over at Roger only to find that the blonde haired boy was already looking his way. Roger put a thumbs up to him and John nodded with a smirk. Thanks to Roger Taylor, John now felt on top of the world.