116

C H A P T E R 116

Samantha could feel Charlie stop moving behind her. "Is everything ok?" she asked, closing her book, and looking over her shoulder to see an expressionless Charlie.

"Uh yeah. I was wondering if you knew what that light airy smell was? I couldn't put my finger on it but it doesn't smell like any of the flowers here and I just now smelled it by you."

Samantha had no idea what Charlie was talking about and watched him ramble on. She had to admit it was pretty cute seeing him stutter and glance around awkwardly. "It might be my shampoo or body wash? Both are lavender scented."

She could've sworn she saw Charlie's eyes flicker in realization but he nodded slowly. "Maybe, maybe it was from the flowers on the other side of the house."

"Are you sure you're ok? And is this flower smell really important?" Samantha questioned, wondering what was getting him so flustered.

Charlie nodded. "Yes—Yes I think it may help with one of the dragons back in Romania," he quickly lied, clearly not wanting to tell her that he smelled her scent in his Amortentia. Charlie had to admit that the lie seemed pretty convincing because Samantha nodded and went back to her book.

"What are you reading?" Charlie asked quickly, as he debated going back inside but the confirmation of that lavender scent seemed to put him in a trance. He also wanted to have some direct time with her since yesterday she seemed to ignore him.

Samantha held up the book for him to see and moved a little on the bench, silently telling him he could sit down beside her if he wanted. Charlie got the hint and sat down next to her. He looked at the cover and read: Advanced Spells for the Eager by Belinda Hastings. "Snape wanted me to take the week to read over and get familiar with some of them and pick a few to start practicing next week."

Charlie nodded. "So all of this are spells learned past Hogwarts?"

"Yes, last week I finished all of the spells we learn up until seventh year. It took me two weeks to learn the last few defensive spells."

"Impressive," Charlie said, giving her his signature cheeky grin.

Samantha shrugged nonchalantly. "I guess. Just takes practice and a lot of patience. I'm excited to start learning some of the spells in this book. One I can manipulate water and the other I can create a protective fire storm."

Charlie saw the adventure gleam in her hazel eyes and smiled. Something about the Amortentia seemed to click in his mind and he was becoming more and more fascinated by Samantha Potter by the minute.