30

C H A P T E R  30

Breakfast was silent on the cool Sunday morning at the Gryffindor table. The group ate in silence as the events of the previous day still hadn't sunk in yet.

Every now and then, they'd sneak peaks of Marcus who was eating breakfast in silence as well, not looking up from his plate. He chewed on his eggs and bacon still thinking what was to come in the future.

Last night, before he went back to the Slytherin Common room, he was summoned to Professor Snape's office. Some kid named Bernard Collins found him in the courtyard and disturbed his peaceful time reading. His Earthly green eyes flickered up from his Herbology book and looked up at the Third Year who wasn't scared at all.

Well he was a part of the Collins family which were from the ancient Pureblood blood line. His aunt Cressida was very chummy with Bellatrix Lestrange and both of them were currently in Azkaban prison for countless horrible acts.

Bernard didn't seem like he was going to go down that path but who knew what kind of influence his father Maximus was giving him.

Marcus nodded curtly at Bernard and sat up, wiping the excess dirt and dust off of his black pants. He grabbed his book and made his way down to the dungeons, leaving Bernard who returned to his friends who were back in the library.

He knew what was going to happen. He was going to get expelled, for something he didn't even do. Thoughts went through his mind that could potentially explain what happened but that would make him a snitch, not the Golden one mind you.

A part of him also thought to what Montague would do if he snitched on him. Marcus wasn't afraid of his older friend but he would remember this until they got out of school and he didn't want to think of what unsupervised consequences would lie ahead.

His best bet would be to try and explain his actions and pray to Merlin that he won't be expelled. Suspension he could handle, maybe a vacation could do him some good. The latter brought an amused smile to his face.

As his footsteps carried him down the corridors to the dungeons, he thought as to how he got wrapped up in this horrible scenario. How could he miss what Montague was thinking? Yeah the two didn't have many friendly conversations but they were still cordial and thought they knew enough about each other, apparently not.

Marcus knocked on the door three times and stepped back to await Professor Snape telling him to come in.

Contrary to his belief, a few moments later, the door swung open and there stood the Potions Master, looking nothing short of displeased.

"Come in Marcus," Snape said curtly opening the door wider to let him in.

Marcus walked in with a blank expression and thought this couldn't be so bad. A lecture from Snape and since he favors them anyway, there wouldn't be that bad of a consequence.

That thought of hope immediately went away when he turned the corner and saw Professor Dumbledore and McGonagall sitting by Snape's desk looking very much disappointed. McGonagall's lips were pursed shut and she couldn't believe this was happening.

When she found out, she had no idea what to do. Potter was one of her favorite students and had a very important future in front of her.