97

C H A P T E R 97

"What?" Remus noticed her expression change to deep in thought again.

Samantha paused. "N—Nothing, I'm fine, Remus."

This time Remus did not buy it. "Now now that's the second time I've caught you thinking. What's going on?"

She sighed and started to put her thoughts together to try and tell Remus what she saw that night. When she finished, Remus had his eyebrows raised. "So you saw the name Barty Crouch on the Map and then Mad Eye Moody emerging from Snape's classroom?"

Samantha nodded. "Interesting." Remus muttered. "Very interesting."

"Any idea of what this means?"

Remus sat back and furrowed his eyebrows. He thought for a moment and tried to make sense of what Samantha had said. Why would those two be in Snape's classroom that late? If they had anything to talk about, surely that could have met up some time during the day. Not midnight. "I really don't have any solid ideas but I'll sleep on it."

Samantha nodded. "It was just far too strange and I don't know why I all of a sudden remembered this now. I wasn't tired or anything that night. That memory just suddenly came back to me."

Remus' expression changed back to confused. "That is very strange...." he muttered and trailed off. Something about what Samantha was saying was not sitting well in his stomach.

Just then the door opened and Sirius walked inside. "Dumbledore is here to speak to you, Rem."

Remus nodded and stood up, knowing what they were going to talk about. Sirius took the seat Remus was sitting in after Remus left and noticed Samantha's expression. "Your exams are over, stop with the thinking face."

Samantha laughed slightly. "I wish it was that easy....plus academics are far from my mind."

"The tournament?"

"Something like that."

Sirius rested his head on his hand being propped up by his elbow. "I know you want to figure out the clue but you have until the end of February, just let it go until after break."

A sigh escaped Samantha's lip. "I guess I'll try but no promises. It's better I figure it out sooner rather than later. I assume we'll have to think even more once figuring out the clue. The clue is probably only step one."

Sirius shrugged. "Well you can always wing it like I do. Just rely on your own natural magical abilities."

Samantha smirked. "Yeah like that'll do me any good."

• • • • •

Dumbledore had indeed dropped by to talk about him and Remus visiting the Riddle House the following day to search for any possible Horcruxes. They would meet up separately even though Dumbledore did not think Voldemort would still be there. He knew he was the one who killed the poor Muggle housekeeper and would not want to stay a minute longer in a place his Muggle family once lived.

That next morning, Remus went down to breakfast earlier than usual to get a cup of tea and hoped he didn't run into Sirius or Samantha. He knew they both wanted to come but it wouldn't be safe. Remus himself was nervous and did not know how this trip was going to turn out. All the evidence pointed at this location but no one could be sure when it came to Voldemort. Tonks had already left about an hour ago due to wanting to get to work early to finish up early.

Remus stepped over the step that creaked and made sure to be extra quiet. He slowly opened up the kitchen door and almost yelled with surprise.

Sitting at the table with cups of tea was Sirius and Samantha who had expectant grins on their faces. "Thought you could try and be sneaky, Moony?" Sirius said with a smirk. "You never were that good at sneaking around."