18

C H A P T E R 18

"Oh no," she groaned looking at the letter Godric had tied to his leg. It wasn't an ordinary letter.

It was a howler, and a very antsy one at that.

"Better get it over with," Fred muttered looking at the letter with wariness but also excitement. He found howlers funny and were great pranking material.

Samantha sighed and agreed. She opened the letter and flinched back, anticipating what was coming next. The letter jolted into the air and opened its transfigured mouth.

"SAMANTHA LILY POTTER! I WAKE UP TO FIND YOU AND YOUR THINGS GONE?! HOW DARE YOU LEAVE IN THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT! YOU HAVE THE AUDACTITY TO WRITE A SHORT NOTE AND THINK THAT'LL BE OK? I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU! YOU HAVE PUSHED THE LIMIT WITH YOUR CHILDISH PRANKS AND NUMEROUS DETENTIONS, BUT THIS JUST TAKES THINGS TOO FAR. SNEAKING OUT! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO APPALLED.

"YOU WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS BREAK WHEN I COME AND YOU, ALBUS, AND I WILL WORK THIS OUT. HOPE YOU HAVE A GRAND TIME AT THE WEASLEYS WITH THOSE TWINS SINCE THAT IS ALL YOU CARE ABOUT!" Aberforth's piercing voice screamed. She hoped it didn't echo all the way down the stairs to Mrs. Weasley or even to Percy's room which two floors below. She didn't want to upset Percy and have him more stuffy than he usually was.

Samantha had never heard him scream before and it really shocked her. She didn't care that he was disappointed in her. He didn't listen or believe her and she was tired of it. Samantha received a few howlers before from Aberforth regarding her detentions before but he never yelled like he did this one. Maybe raise his voice, but that was it. A sickening feeling came over her as she thought about Christmas break and what would happen. What if he kicks her out? What if she's locked up for the rest of her time with him? She finished her thoughts and turned to Fred and George who had guilty expressions.

"Guys don't feel bad. I'm happy you came and got me. I would have Floo'd myself the next day if you didn't," she said smiling at them.

They perked up and then put her trunk on her bed.

"Come on, we have to go back down. Merlin knows what mum wants us for," Fred said and they left their room after giving Godric a few treats then sending him back to Aberforth.

They opened the door and were met with a shocked Harry and Ron.

"What was that? That yelling?" Ron asked rubbing his ears.

"A howler, from Aberforth," Samantha replied.

Ron nodded understanding but Harry was still shocked. He hung back and Samantha looked at him funny. "What's up?" she asked.

"Who's Aberforth? Is that who you're staying with?" he questioned looking confused.

Samantha sighed realizing that she never told Harry about her living arrangements. She nodded and proceeded to tell him as they walked down the winding staircase. "Aberforth is Dumbledore's brother. He's been looking after me all this time. He's a bit over protective, but very caring nonetheless,"

Harry nodded understanding. "Then why did you leave?"

Samantha scratched the back of her neck sighing. She didn't want to say anything at made Aberforth look bad. She really did love him, like an uncle, but he just took things too far this time and Samantha hoped Harry would understand. "I couldn't take it anymore, his overbearingness. You know how you were locked up at the Dursleys?" Harry nodded. "Well he barely lets me leave the house and I got tired of it. I needed some more freedom. He always watches my every move and we got into an argument yesterday. Things just got overheated and I needed to cool off and hang with my bestfriends, which ended up including my brother," she finished then gave Harry a one armed hug which he returned.