36

C H A P T E R 36

"What?" Samantha cried when Professor McGonagall told them at breakfast the next morning that Colin Creevey was attacked last night and that Hogsmeade visits have been canceled for the time being.

She nodded slowly, her lips pressed into a thin line. Hogsmeade visits were everyone's chance to get out of the school to have some fun for a few hours. Now they couldn't. Now the teachers will probably have an excuse to give them an extra assignment to do that weekend.

Samantha was most upset about not being able to visit Zonko's and Honeydukes. However, it also gave her the opportunity to use the secret passage behind the One-Eyed Witch.

"Wow," Angelina said softly as McGonagall walked away, to deliver the sad news to the incoming Gryffindors.

"Well now we know that it's the Slytherins," Fred sneered.

"How do we know that?" Katie asked.

"Because Colin's a Gryffindor. Who do we know that hates Gryffindors?" Fred asked in a 'duh' tone.

Samantha sighed. It was very likely but it still wasn't right to automatically throw the Slytherins under the Knight bus, even though they did deserve it sometimes.

• • • • •

"Well we better head off to Potions," George grumbled the next morning.

They all agreed and stood up, dreading the class with the house that might possibly be purging the school.

Fred and George each gave Ginny a hug as she sat by Percy trembling. The events of the previous day still hadn't left her as she sat with dark circles under eyes. She played with her eggs and toast and didn't even take a bite.

Percy encouraged her to eat saying that it would make her feel better.

"Come on, Gin. You have to eat," he pleaded.

Ginny turned to look at him and grimaced. She sighed and took a sip of her Pumpkin Juice. Percy raised an eyebrow and she sighed again, then taking a very small bite of her buttered toast that was starting to become limp as the moments passed.

The group sulked all the way to Potions and took their seats with their partners.

Samantha sighed as she went off to Adrian Pucey. She knew he was going to talk about Marcus and how this was all of her fault. Also with Gryffindor's win on Saturday, she could feel the anger grow in intensity as she neared Adrian who was talking to Aaron Bletchley.

"Hello Potter, it's very good to see you," he drawled as he flipped to the potion they were working on: the Draught of Peace.

Their ingredients were already at the table. Samantha raised an eyebrow in confusion. Usually Snape made them get their own ingredients. He must be in a rare good mood.

"Likewise Adrian," Samantha said sarcastically.

They continued their potion making in peace before Adrian started a conversation with Bletchley who was at the table in front of theirs.

"So glad that Mudblood was attacked, could not stand that clicking anymore," he grumbled.

Samantha's blood boiled. How dare he? She had also thought he was somewhat decent but clearly she was wrong. Maybe it was Marcus leaving. He probably found himself as the new leader and needed everyone to know about it.