90

C H A P T E R 90

"See doesn't that feel better?" Angelina said after Samantha confessed.

She shrugged slightly, still unsure of what to think about her feelings for Marcus. "I guess, I'm still confused."

They both sighed. "Why?" Alicia said. "This is great, now you can get together."

"You know, you two seem keen on getting us together when I thought you never liked him," Samantha pointed out.

"Understandable, but he apologized and seems to have moved on," Angelina said.

"Plus the way he looks at you signals how much he cares about you, so we approve," Alicia added.

Samantha sighed. This was crazy. She never would have thought she would be in this state with Marcus. So much has happened in such a short amount of time that she didn't know what to think. She had to admit that she was a bit scared on what was to come if this went any further. "I don't know."

"Why don't you ask him out then? To see what he says and how he acts?" Angelina asked.

"Me?"

She nodded. "Yeah maybe hang out at the next Hogsmeade trip? That'll be the perfect place."

"Ok, I'll see," Samantha said and then looked at Angelina again. "Now spill about Fred. We've been in the dark for so long."

Angelina shrugged slightly. "Well like I said before, I was waiting subtly and decided not to do anything because so much was going on."

"Well then maybe you should ask him to hang out at Hogsmeade," Alicia spoke.

"I don't even know if he likes me back."

"Oh stop, this is the same thing with me. Just go as "friends" and see where it goes," Samantha said, making at point.

Angelina sighed. "Yeah yeah, I guess you're right."

"I always am."

• • • • •

"Are you really sure she said that?" Viktor reiterated after hearing what Marcus told him. He immediately went to the library to find Viktor since he was always there during the day.

Marcus nodded quickly. He still couldn't believe what he heard and had not regained his composure. Marcus could barely tell Viktor what happened without sputtering.

"Then tell her how you feel," Viktor said in an obvious tone.

"Should I?" Marcus replied with a hint of fear.

Viktor scoffed. "Uhh yeah, you like her, she likes you apparently, what's the problem?"

Marcus shrugged slightly. "It all seems too good to be true, like she's playing some cruel joke on me."

"Look, Marcus, isn't this what you've dreamt of since you met her? Isn't this the moment we've been discussing since we met two years ago? It is has finally come and you're hear all scared," Viktor spoke, haughtily.