58

C H A P T E R 58

"Here it is!" Sirius spoke and gestured towards the apartment in a grand way. The two left Hogwarts grounds, Apparated to the street Grimmauld place, and walked down a bit and stood in front of the apartments.

It was day outside but the street was completely deserted. Samantha held onto her wand in her pocket just in case a Muggle walked by.

Samantha looked at the apartments infront of her and saw number eleven and thirteen. No twelve. She raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Uhm...."

"What's wrong? I thought you really wanted to see my childhood home? Samantha Potter I am very disappointed in--"

"Hush up, there is no number twelve!"

A Cheshire smile started to form on Sirius' face. "Is there?" He has a mischievous twinkle in his grey eyes and had an eyebrow raised in amusement.

Samantha obnoxiously gestured in front of her with her arms. "No!"

Sirius shook his head and sighed. "My my my, Samantha I thought you were much more clever than this. I am very disappointed."

She gave him a hard glare. There it was again. Yes she could be a bit oblivious at times, everyone was at times, but she wasn't that bad.

He continued, his eyes and expression filled with amusement at their small banter. Sirius liked that they could playfully go back and forth at times. It made things more fun and relaxed. Not many people had that kind of humor. "Have you ever heard of magic, madam?"

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Maybe," Samantha muttered, realizing in that moment that the infamous Black family probably hid their house right in front of the Muggles.

"You underestimate the Black family," he spoke while crossing the street.

She muttered a few choice words and slowly followed him, hating that he had the upper hand in this situation. Sirius walked up to the foot of the stairs and looked to be in thought.

"Wait," Samantha said stopping Sirius. "Are you absolutely sure there's no one left of your family that could potentially still live here?"

Sirius raised both of his eyebrows. "Well I haven't been able to keep up with my family for quite some time now...since I was about sixteen...," He trailed off for a second then sighed and continued. "I guess we'll just have to go in and see, hopefully I can still get in. Who knows what my mother did after she blasted me off the family tree."

Samantha looked him with confusion and opened up her mouth to question what he meant by that but he shrugged it off. "You'll find out soon enough," Sirius said and took out his wand.

He slowly traced in between numbers 11 and 13 and stepped off of the stoop. Samantha took a step back and looked around her, making sure the street was deserted.

She turned back to the buildings and her jaw slowly dropped at what she was seeing. Apartments 11 and 13 were slowly moving away from each other and revealing a black apartment that looked completely identical to its neighbors.

 Apartments 11 and 13 were slowly moving away from each other and revealing a black apartment that looked completely identical to its neighbors