45

C H A P T E R  45

"Make sure you all eat a hearty breakfast," Oliver spoke to them Saturday morning in the Great Hall.

It was the morning of Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff. The winner of this game would have a seat in the finals and would await their opponent which would be between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. Slytherin had a major loss against Ravenclaw before break and they were too far down in the point scale.

Samantha had placed a few pieces of bacon on her plate and she offered Harry, who was sitting next to her, some but he refused.

"No thanks," he replied. "I'm just going to stick to eggs-"

Harry stopped and suddenly Samantha knew why.

The voice was back.

"Kill this time...rip....tear....KILL!" it hissed.

A chill ran down Samantha's spine. She hasn't heard the voice in months and she kind of hoped it was gone for good.

"The voice," they both spoke to Ron and Hermione who were sitting in front of them.

"You still can't hear it?" Harry asked them.

They both shook their heads and Samantha sighed in defeat. Why could only her and Harry hear it? It seemed to be last on the list of the hundred things only her and Harry could do....like speak to snakes...

Then the pieces started to fall into place. That was it. Realization of the new discovery dawned on her and she looked up and was met with Hermione who had the same expression.

They exchanged looks and then they both nodded.

"Library," the two of them chorused and stood up immediately.

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.

"Samantha! The match!" Oliver cried watching her hustle out of the Great Hall.

"I'll be there!" she yelled back as her and Hermione practically ran to the library to solve this mystery.

• • • • •

It was too late. Ginny found herself in another dream, only this time it was far more vivid than any she had before. She was lying on the floor with one hand on the diary and the bottle of ink had tipped over, spreading ink over the stone like black blood. She saw her hands suddenly push herself back to her feet...

Her legs swung around and her feet carried her away from the classroom, picking up the diary as she went and holding it close to her. She wanted to shout out, so loud that she would wake herself from this horrible nightmare, but her mouth wouldn't move. She tried to stop moving, but she no longer had any control over her own body. The only think that she could do was watch helplessly.

She walked down two flights of stairs and through a secret passage down to the second floor—where was Tom forcing her to go? What did he want her to do? She continued to try to stop herself—but she might have tried to move a mountain for all the good it did. She felt as though he had put her in a full-body bind and was watching everything fly past her.

She pushed open a door; it was like she was trying to see through a mist, but she realized she was in a bathroom again. She approached one of the sinks and reached out to touch the tap. And then it was someone else who opened her mouth and hissed, "Open..."