80

C H A P T E R 80

"It's him," a voice hissed.

Samantha turned to see Fred glaring furiously at the Durmstrang backs as they followed them inside and to the Great Hall. "Who?"

"Who?" Fred reiterated with wide eyes. "Our worst nightmare! I thought we were done with him! I completely forgot he got shipped off to Durmstrang."

"Oh, Marcus," Samantha said simply as she watched them sit at the end of the Slytherin table and the Beauxbatons group by the Ravenclaws.

Fred spluttered. "Yeah, Marcus. The guy who cursed you with a dark spell!"

"It was a long time ago," she said softly. "Why not try to forgive and forget?"

He narrowed his eyes. "I don't see why I should."

"At least give him a chance, maybe he's changed," Samantha said as the three headmasters walked up to the high table.

Biting hit lip, Fred huffed. "Definitely not."

Dumbledore stood up at his usual seat in the middle and the Great Hall fell silent. "Good evening, everyone," he spoke in a light, excited tone. "Welcome to Hogwarts. I hope your stay will be enjoyable and comfortable as the tournament officially opens next Friday night. Please eat, drink, and make yourselves at home. More will be discussed after dinner," Dumbledore sat down and then engaged in conversation with Karkaroff while Madame Maxime was talking with McGonagall.

Samantha wanted to look back over at the Slytherin table but she didn't want to look suspicious. Fred and George were sitting in front of her so they would see her looking over there.

As she was eating some bouillabaisse, a delicious steak and kidney pudding, she felt someone watching her. Samantha carefully looked around and stopped when she saw Moody's magical eye fixated right on her. Moody was talking with Professor Sprout so his attention wasn't on her so it was odd for his other eye to be. She knew it liked to wander but Samantha couldn't help but question its focal point.

This brought her back to that weird feeling she felt every time she stepped into Defense and was in Moody's presence. Samantha didn't know if his paranoia nature was spreading or it was trying to tell her something. She would ask Sirius and Remus about it later. She hasn't spoke to them in a while and wanted to ask Sirius how work was going.

After everyone had eaten, Dumbledore stood up and the plates were wiped clean and disappeared. "Now that we are all fed, I want to explain how things are going to go. In one week's time, the tournament will officially open. While Hogwarts students are attending classes throughout the year, I also extend this invitation to Beauxbatons and Durmstrang to attend as well. Both Madame Maxime and Professor Karkaroff will go over our different subjects and levels this evening while you're back in your quarters and you all can decide if you wish to continue your studies. Until next Friday night, I wish everyone a good night."

And with that, Karkaroff and Madam Maxime left the high table to lead their students back to the ship and carriage. Samantha stood up with Fred and George and were ready to head back to the Common Room.

As they started to file out, the Gryffindors were level with the Slytherins and Samantha saw Ron standing on his toes to catch a glimpse of Krum. Fred and George were doing the same. While she was laughing, she felt something hit her hand. She turned to see a large fur coat.

"Read this later," the person muttered, quickly put a piece of parchment in her hand, and hastened out of the Great Hall.

It all happened so fast that Samantha didn't get a chance to comprehend what happened and stared at the door confused. She then looked at the parchment and shoved it in her pocket.