38

C H A P T E R  38

Suddenly they heard voices and footsteps approaching, as if it was planned. It always seemed that whenever the Potters got caught up in a situation, the whole school just had to arrive at the scene and know about it and then start spreading rumors or end up looking at them strangely. They also had to end up guilty or harshly accused.

The nearby corridors started to crowd from students returning to their dorms from staying late at dinner or from studying in nearby classrooms.

There were students of all ages and the First Years started to hide away from the rigid figure of Nearly Headless Nick. His shadowy figure floated in the middle of the corridor and cast a bright light that came from the nearby window emitting from the moon.

The fact that a ghost was floating frozen made everyone even more shocked and almost shuffle back in fear. Not only was this attacker capable of leaving humans frozen, but ghosts as well. Who knew what else the attacker was capable of. The older students were shocked the most and stayed silent as they did not know what was to come.

Would the school be closing?
Would they be sent home?

Many of them looked upon Harry and Samantha and instantly thought they did it. The Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were annoyed the most because they had always like the Potters and supported them when they went against the Slytherins. They felt like the two had stabbed them in the back and were subjecting to evils that surrounded Slytherin. They both had encountered He-Must-Not-Be-Named so the possibility of this happening was becoming more and more of a reality as the days...and attacks went on.

Some of the Slytherins cracked a smirk as they saw what had happened. It was about time the attention was brought off of them when something like this occurred. They were always the blame and found it comforting that two perfect Gryffindors were being crucified right now. Some of them silently cheered that their house ghost was attacked, found it reassuring that this was something serious that they were dealing with. So far no Slytherins were attacked yet and they knew that none of them would be. This was the Heir of Slytherin and students still blamed the Potters.

"What is going on?" a voice came that broke up the eerie silence.

Everyone turned towards the voice and saw that it was Professor McGonagall. She wore a confused expression and at the jaw dropping sight, it instantly turned to shock.

Samantha immediately stiffened when their head of house faced them and gave them an unreadable expression. It was as if she didn't know what to think of the two standing in the middle of the scene of the crime with everyone staring at them.

Inside, Minerva was empty and blank. This was getting immensely out of hand and for once, she did not have a solution to answer this problem. She did not know who the attacker was or how they were attacking.

She did not think Harry nor Samantha did this, absolutely sure of it, but this was out of her hands. Coming to the scene of the crime with them two at the center was not a convincing case to prove their innocence but she would stand by her students. She knew for sure Albus did not think it was them but Minerva never knew was going onside in that man's head.

Moments had passed and she still was staring at the scene, unaware of the amounts of murmurs surrounding her and the two Potters.

Samantha was hoping McGonagall was not planning their expulsion and would hopefully listen to reason like she always does but this was a whole new Quidditch match.