Ask for help.

(My ending for the book. Again-it isn't about the individual, rather the backstory.)

True Ending

"Sweetie, I missed you. Why haven't you visited me yet?" Mom asks over the phone. I could practically see the pout by the way she sounded.

I didn't have the energy to deal with this question. I had a few things I needed to get off my mind and I thought this was the perfect job for my mother.

"Mom, I actually have something I want to talk to you about" I say tiredly with a sigh.
"What is it, Sweetheart?" Mom asks. I can hear that she's worried already.

"It's nothing serious. I just...have a lot on my mind" I try to calm her down.

Before she could create a response, I'm talking once again.
"I don't think I feel well. I constantly feel like I can't breathe and the walls are closing in on me sometimes. I don't want to eat food at all and I feel like my stomach is doing flips all the time. I can barely sleep. I feel so tired Mom...What's wrong with me?" I ramble a little as I hold the phone closer and closer to my ear, knees to my shoulders, curling myself into a ball. I went to a doctor.

They gave me pills for anxiety and stress or whatever but I don't think it's working.

"Did you go to a doctor?" Mom asks, very worried.
"I did but I don't know-I don't feel better-at least I don't think so" I say, trying to take deep breaths, trying not to spiral. The human mind really is the worst kind of space.

"Should I come visit you?" Mom asks.
"No, that's ok. I just want someone to talk to" I quickly deny the idea. I don't like the fact that Mom would be traveling by herself.

"I don't know what to do, Sweetheart" Mom panics a little.
"You don't have to do anything. I just want you to listen..." I say, trying to calm Mom down.

"I can do that" Mom says enthusiastically.
"Tell me what's on your mind" Mom adds on seriously.

"...Please don't laugh at me" I start as I take a breather. I know Felix will tell me I'm being stupid and that I should get over it. Besides BTS, I can't think of anyone levelheaded enough to help me and that I want to share my problems with. I just feel like I'm suffocating and I want to get better.

"Of course not" Mom quickly answers.
"...There might be a guy I like" I start after I find a bit of confidence but Mom starts celebrating way too quickly.

"That's fantastic, Sweetheart! I can finally have some grandkids" Mom cheers on the other side. I roll my eyes at that predicted reaction.

"Mom, please take this seriously" I scowl a little. It probably wasn't a good thing to call Mom about this. I should've just sucked it up with Felix. Not like he would be useful anyway...

"Do you remember Jungkook from high school?" I ask and Mom basically squeals.
"Is it Jungkook?! I knew you two would end up together!" She cheers.

"Please listen to me. Do you remember Yoongi and Namjoon that I brought home when I came to visit?" I ask.

"How could I forget? The first boys-or should I say men-that you brought home" Mom squeals like a teenager over the phone.
"Mom" I groan in frustration. I shouldn't have called her. Oh well-I'm already this deep.

"Yes yes. I'm listening" she says.
"They are all in a group called BTS. I don't know if you remember, but when I was in University, I told you about three other men. Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok" I continue.

"It rings a bell" Mom simply says.
"But I didn't tell you about the last one, Seokjin" I say, making sure I listed everyone.
"So that's the seven of them and they make music together" I continue.