End

After my realization, I nodded towards her and left the cafeteria. I decided to get a bit of fresh air after that suffocating moment.

She just wants to fit in. I should give her the space she needs.

I walk to a bench underneath a tree and plugged in my earphones once again. I just stare into the sky and imagine shapes of the clouds, trying to distract myself from the tugging of my heart.

My best and only friend giving me the cold shoulder is harsh on my heart. I am, surprisingly, not shocked. I suppose I was avoiding the truth.

She has been acting different since we entered high school. People change, I just didn't think it would happen to Jennie.

I sigh, feeling tired.

I want to take a break from all this. I need to do something aggressive. I need to hit something.

After school, I'll head straight to my studio. I'm sure that if I have a match or just break whatever is there, I will feel better.

And that's exactly what I did after school. Luckily the couch was there so that I could spare with him. We entered a match with each other. After winning five matches, it started to move a bit slow for my liking.

I headed to the boxing section and found a punching bag to hit continuously.

Releasing all my anger of my so-called social life. Of my so-called friend. I continue to hog the punching bag but no one interrupted me.

Anyone could see that I was upset and it would not be wise to interrupt me now. I punched harder and harder until it started swinging back and forth aggressively. My wrists and fists were starting to hurt but I wanted to feel better. With every hit, I felt better. I was feeling incredibly vulnerable at that moment.

After time, I started to feel tired and gulped down water. I didn't realize how tired I was until I took a break. I was sweating a lot. Sweat was running through my hair and forehead. It rolled down my nose. My socks felt wet and I felt incredibly dirty but I jumped right back in to forget what I was angry about in the first place.

The punching bag swung higher and higher until it hit the roof once. I eased up a bit and kept pace. Eventually, someone held down the punching bag for me. I looked to see that it was Felix. I looked around to see how dark it got. I see Mom by the entrance.

"Hey" he simply says with a gentle smile.
"Hi" I return his greeting as I keep at it. After a punch or two, I felt week. I went to Felix, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Let's leave. I feel dirty" I say as I laugh a bit.
"Sure" he says.

We walk to Mom's direction and we all walk to her car. I stare out the window, all the way back home. No one was saying anything.

When we got back home, I slowly climbed out the car and left for a shower. I felt the cold water over my sore muscles. It felt great to be clean again. I washed my hair thoroughly and scrubbed the soap aggressively against my skin.

At some point, I just stared at the water dripping from the walls of the shower.

I eventually came back to my senses and climbed out the shower. I smelt amazing food once I left the bathroom. I walked towards the dining room to see a lot of food on the table. All my favorites.

Mom and Felix really know how to handle me when I'm sad. I am absolutely grateful for them. I sit down, along with Felix, as we wait for Mom, making her way with another dish in her hands.

"Thank you" I say quietly, breaking the silence.
"It's nothing. I wish I was there for you" Felix says angrily.
"You are here for me. Don't worry about it. And it's not that. I just-I just can't believe-Jennie. She-she" I struggle to find the words. I don't want my voice to break in front of them.