Untitled Part 88

Burt had decided to be present for Mason's seventeenth birthday hoping to avoid a repeat of  last year.  Even though the boy had not expressed any interest in dating since the whipping he received from his mom the previous year he wanted to make sure that his hormones did not override his common sense at the most inopportune time.

Mason had invited around twenty friends to this party which again took place at the house.  He had offered to pay for him to celebrate elsewhere but the boy declined.  He could not help but feel that his wife had something to do with that.  He was certain that she wanted him in an environment that she could control so she could keep her eyes on him.  

He could not help but feel sympathy for the boy and how she controlled him.  Even though Mason vehemently denied it he was sure that his wife made his life miserable.    He knew for a fact that she did because she made his miserable every single day.

Burt was making his way through the partygoers that were crammed in his living room when he eyed Mason having what appeared to be a very intense conversation with his grandmother.  Uh oh went through his mind as he made his way over to them.  What had Elizabeth done now raced through his mind.

"It's okay grandma."  Mason said earnestly.  "Please don't make a big deal out of it."

"It is a big deal."  Charlotte said loudly getting the attention of a couple of nearby boys.  She sent them an apologetic look and then said in a lower tone.  "Its ridiculous and I am not going to let her get away with it."

"What's going on?"  He said with a worried look.

"Mason was just telling me what he didn't invite any female friends to his party."  Charlotte fumed as she spoke.  She then looked at her grandson and said "Tell him."

Mason gave her an awkward look and then said slightly embarrassed.  "Mom forbid from inviting any female friends to my party because of what happened last year."

"See absolutely, positively the stupidest thing I have ever heard."  She with ire in her voice.

But no surprising Burt thought.

"It's okay grandmom."  The boy said trying to calm her down.  "I wasn't on planning on inviting any girls anyway."  He then looked at Burt and said "I thought it would be for the best."

"What would be for the best is for your mother to get some common sense knocked into that thick skull of hers."  Burt could not disagree with her.  "I'm going to give her a piece of my mind."  She then scanned the room. "Where is she?"

"She's in the kitchen."  Mason said and his grandmother made a move for the kitchen but Mason then said "Grandma please don't."  His face became a mask of fear.  "I don't want another party ruined."

She looked into her grandson's pleading eyes and felt frustration and anger with her daughter melt away.  "Okay I won't honey."  She said.

Relief filled his face as he said "Thank you."  He then tightly hugged her and she gave him a hug back.

"Go have fun with your friends."  Charlotte said.

"Yes ma'am."  Mason said and then walked off to a group of friends who were in the middle of video game.

Charlotte brought her drink to her lips as she then muttered. "But I am going to have a talk with after the party."

"I am sure you will."  I just hope it does not come back on Mason though he thought.  He then eyed a couple of Mason's friends getting a bit rowdy and made his way to them to get them calm down.

Burt gave Brandon permission to get himself and his brothers shakes and then sat down his phone.  He let out a sigh he prepared himself for his conversation with Brandon.  He was sure that he was carrying around secrets like Mason and Brian.  He just hoped that he could get him to tell him.