Chapter LLXVI

When Brian stepped off the elevator with his father his eyes fell on the young woman who was sitting behind the secretarial desk. It was not the normal secretary that he was use to seeing manning the desk. Instead it was a woman in her early twenties with raven hair, dark eyes, and petite built.

She was definetely was his type he thought as the doors closed behind him and his father said hello to one of the executives who passed them in the lobby. Then again if its female and walks on two legs its my father's type. But she is what he seemed to go for the most as he thought how she did bear a striking resemblance to his mother and several of the other former girlfriends and mistresses of his father that he had met over the years.

Burt placed his hand on his shoulder as they made their way to the desk. "Rebekah this is my son Buddy."

"Nice to finally meet you Buddy." She said as a small smile formed across her face. "Your father has told me so many things about you."

"Nice to meet you." I wonder if he's sleeping with her came into his mind which was then followed by stab of guilt. Stop it he ordered. You sound just like your mother. Shame filled at him for his silent accusation though a part of him did not blame him. With his father's history it was justified. How could do anything else but suspect.

Yes his father claimed to have stop sleeping around, to stop betraying his vows to his mother, and was honoring his promise to Byron's mother. But he's lied about so much over the past sixteen years, kept so many secrets it was difficult to believe him.

"Rebekah just joined our staff a couple of weeks ago." Burt told him.

"That's nice." Brian said uncertain why his father had choose to share this with him. After all when she started working for him mattered very little to him.

"I've enjoyed working for your father very much." She then said with much enthusiasm in her voice.

The words oh I bet you have almost escaped from his mouth but instead he managed to hold them back before they could pass his lips and embarrass himself, his father, and this poor woman who might not be guilty of anything

I really need to get my mother out of my head he thought.

"We will be in my office." Burt said. "Please hold my calls."

"Yes sir." She said as she continued to smile at Burt.

"Thank you." He then looked at Buddy. "Come on."

Brian nodded his head and then eyed her name that was on the triangle shaped name plate that sat on the desk. He would have to look her up on social media later. Or you could just leave the poor woman alone and not be a creepy cyber stalker a voice said in the back of his mind.

Again I need to get her out of my head. He looked back at Rebekah who was watching them as they walked into the office. She once again smiled at him. Buddy awkwardly smiled back and followed his father.

Brian closed the door behind him. "Rebekah seems nice."

"Yes she is." He said as he walked to his desk. "She is also a very capable, hard worker and has been a great asset to the company in the few weeks that she has been here." Burt then sat behind his desk and said "And no I have not slept with her."

"I didn't...."

Burt then cut him off. "You didn't have to son, I could see it in your eyes." Burt opened a drawer and then pulled a frame out. A smile spread across his face he looked at the photo held in the frame.

"Sorry daddy." His curiosity piqued as he wondered who was in the picture. His mind went listed a few a possibilities all bad.

"It's fine son." Burt said as he stood up and walked over over to the shelves that were behind his desk. On the shelves were several pictures of his children. At least the ones that Buddy knew anyway. He then watched as his father place the frame on the shelf and took a step closer to see. His father turned and said "I don't blame you for being suspicious heavens knows I have done enough to earn your constant doubt and suspicion."