Chapter LV

Brandon sat at the table quietly while Butch regaled him with more information about the show Supernatural.  He had to admit that it sounded like a good show and that he was almost tempted to forget about bowling and go home and marathon it with him for the rest of the day.  But no he thought daddy wanted him out of the house for awhile and that is what I am going to do.

"I think you would really like the show."  Butch said as he took a mozerella stick off the plate.

"I think I might."  Brandon said as Butch took a bit into his bacon cheeseburger.

"Hello Brandon."  A man in his early thirties said to him. "Aren't you with the wrong brother."

Brandon's face went flush with anger as he looked at his mother's younger brother.  His uncle returned his gaze with a look of disapproval that was slicing right into him.  He  was speechless for a moment unsure what to say but then found his voice.  "No such thing.  Whatever brother I am with is the right brother."

Butch could not help but be impressed with his response.

"Butch this is my Uncle Stan."  He said. "Uncle Stan this is my brother Butch."

"Oh know I know who he is."  Stan said shooting the sixteen year the evil eye.  He then said "Butch why don't you get lost for a few minutes so I can talk to Brandon in private." 

Butch was about to get up but Brandon said "Butch sit."  Butch obediently sat down.  "Butch is not going anywhere and with all due respect Uncle Stan I really don't want to have a conversation with you."

"Well we are going to have one anyway."  Stan said his gaze falling heavy upon Brandon.  He looked as if he was going to pull the younger man from the booth and throttle him.  "I just wanted to say how I think it is very disrespect to your mother for you to be hanging out with one of your father's bastards."

"Don't call my brother that."  He said.

"Why not that is what he is."  The man sneered.  "And don't call him your brother, he's not your real brother he' s your half brother."  Stan said.

"A half brother as much as brother as full brother."  Brandon said.

"No its not that's why they are called a half brother."  He said.

"So I guess that makes Mason not my real brother too then."  Brandon replied.

"Don't be stupid boy of course he is your real brother."

"I'm not being stupid.  Mason like Butch is my half brother so according to your logic he is not my real brother."

Annoyance filled his face. "I did not mean Mason of course Mason is your real brother, he's the son of your mother."

"And he is the son of my father."

"Look I am not here to get into a debate with you."  He yelled causing everyone in the diner to look at them.  He gave an chagrined look and then lowered his volume as he said "Being here with this boy is nothing but an insult to your poor mother.  If you truly loved your mother you would have nothing to do with any of your father's whore's children."

"Well thank you for opinion Uncle Stan for as much as it worth but if you don't mind I am just going to go back to having lunch with my brother."  He said.

"Boy you are need of a serious attitude adjustment."  The man fumed.

"What's going on here."  Walt senior's baritone voice said.

"Mind your business Eli I am dealing with my nephew right now."

A scowl grew across Eli's face.