Chapter 70: The man she used to love

Christopher and Liam are standing on the terrace, holding a beer in their hands, as they watch the two women happily chatting together under the moonlight.

Christopher drunk his beer and asked a question without removing his sight on the two. "What's your plan?" He asked.

Liam looked at him. "About what?"

Christopher looked up at the sky, "About my sister."

Liam's jaw dropped. He tried to say something but he failed. 'What's his plan about her?' He didn't think about it! He's fine as long as she's with him!

"You didn't think about the possibilities, did you? The possibility that she would someday leave by your side?"

Liam looked down as he bit his lower lip. Christopher is right, he didn't think anything at all.

"It is obvious that Char likes you, I have a feeling that she already opened it up to you, What are you doing? From the look of it, she's the one who's trying. I can see that you care for her, and as a man, the way you looked at her is like how I looked at Kaylee. If there's something that makes you hold yourself nothing will happen. You need to pull yourself together before Char gives up." Said Christopher as he looked, at Liam. "If it was me, you don't have to worry about it. I know you and I trust you. You have my back." He added.

Liam's jaw dropped once again. He couldn't believe his best friend would say such a thing after he had fallen in love once. He blinked and looked at Christopher as he said, "Thanks."

"Just don't make my sister cry, don't hurt her, and don't let her wait for you any longer. Be a man."

Liam smiled and patted Christopher's shoulder. "Thanks, dude."

Christopher glared at him. "And don't be so close to Kaylee."

Liam chuckled. "Are you saying, you're jealous?"

Christopher pressed his lips into a thin line. "I'm saying, don't take away her time that is supposed to be mine."

Liam laugh. "I am not taking any of her time. We were just having a good time when you were busy."

Cristopher tsked. "That's my point, you two are distracting me, I can't focus because you guys are so noisy."

Liam's jaw dropped once again, 'Can I hit him in his head? Just once.' He thought to himself.

At that time Charlotte looked on their side and waved her hands. Christopher smiled and nodded while Liam waved back at her.

Meanwhile, Kaylee and Charlotte are enjoying themselves under the moonlight while talking about the one they used to love.

"I'm dying to know, who is this guy you fell for before my brother." Charlotte nagged. She's been nagging Kaylee for a while now, but since she's Christopher's sister she's hesitating whether to tell her or not. "I'm not going to tell Topher, I promise." She added as she draws a cross in her left chest.

Kaylee laugh. "Okay. I will tell you. His name is Jacob. He's courting me when we were in college..."

Charlotte blinked as she watched Kaylee tell the story about her and the man she used to love.