Chapter 43: Girlfriend!

Christopher was dumbfounded, he wasn't sure if he had misheard or misunderstood her. "W-What did you say?"

Kaylee lifted her head and looked directly into his eyes. "I said, I do like you too." She said as she kissed his lips.

Christopher hugged her tight, still unsure of what just happened. When she saw her smiling at him, he kissed her head and smiled. "Thank you."

"Sleep okay?" Kaylee said and hugged him back.

Christopher nodded as he closed his eyes with a smile on his face.

--
Weeks had passed since the two confessed their feelings for each other. Just like their daily routine, they have to act as an assistant and boss in front of the others. Liam is the only one who suffers from their sweetness.

Christopher rested his head on the headrest of his swivel chair. He just finished signing the proposal on his desk. He grabbed and unlocked his phone. He opened the new message and to his surprise, he subconsciously sat up straight and read the message once again.

From: Charlotte Jarvis
'Onii-chan, I'm sorry. I accidentally told Mom about Kaylee. I managed to stop her from going to the Empire, but I am not sure, when is the next time she will attempt to meet Kaylee.'

Christopher placed his palm on his forehead.

Kaylee walked toward him with a glass of water in her hand. "What's wrong?" She asked and handed the glass of water to him.

He smiled and shook his head as he took the glass from her hand. "Nothing." He pulled her hand and let her sit down on his lap.

Christopher drank his water and placed the glass on his desk. He looked at her and kissed her nose.

On the other hand, Liam raised his eyebrow and slightly opened his mouth. "You shouldn't do it here you know. What if someone suddenly enters."

They both looked at Liam with a smile on their face.

Christopher and Kaylee looked at each other, Christopher nodded to Kaylee and Kaylee stood up, she waited for Christopher to stand up before going inside the room.

Christopher looked at Liam while Kaylee was holding his hand. "I'm not here okay."

Liam just nodded and waved his hand, gesturing for them to go inside the room.

Inside the room. Christopher and Kaylee were lying on the bed with her head on his arm.

Kaylee started to circle her index finger into his chest. "What's wrong? You looked frustrated earlier."

Christopher caressed her shoulder as he kissed her head. "Charlotte texted me. She said she accidentally told Mom about you."

Kaylee lifted her head and worriedly looked at Christopher. "What are we going to do?"

Christopher smiled at her to assure her. "Leave it to me."

Kaylee nodded. "Okay."

Christopher's lips curve upward. "We're going to tell her the truth."

Kaylee's eyes widen. "The truth? You mean that I am your bed partne—"

"That you are my girlfriend."

Kaylee blushed. "Girlfriend?"

Christopher gave her a 'seriously look'

"I am your girlfriend?" Kaylee couldn't believe what she just heard.

"Aren't you?"

"I am?" Kaylee blinked.

Christopher smiled and kissed her lips. "You are since you said you like me too., unless you don't want to."

Kaylee buried her face into Christopher's chest. "Okay."