Chapter 13: Are you underestimating Kaylee?

Several weeks passed since Christopher got sick. After that day, Kaylee kept some medicines in case Christopher got sick again. She always made sure that Christopher went to bed. The awkwardness between her and Christopher is completely gone. No matter how things go, she always feels the gentleness she felt when Christopher was around.

After spending the past few weeks working under Christopher, she learned about Christopher's family. Christopher and his little sister, Charlotte, are real siblings. Ethan, on the other hand, is their half-brother. He is the son of her father in his first love. She also discovered that besides herself and Liam, Christopher has his secretary on the first floor. She works as Christopher's messenger if her mother, sister, or Sofia is at the Empire. She'll report every single detail to Christopher.

Kaylee got back to reality when a hand patted her shoulder. "What were you thinking?" Kaylee shook her head. "Nothing."

The man sat beside her and sighed. "Sorry to trouble you, Liam will not be around for a week." Kaylee smiled and rested her head on the couch. "It's nothing."

Christopher looked at her while she was leaning on the couch with her eyes closed. He stood up and picked up some documents on his table. After a while, she slowly opened her eyes. She looked at Christopher and stood up. "Are we going home?" Christopher stopped what he was doing for a moment and looked at her with a smile as he nodded.

Kaylee got her bag on her table and took the documents in Christopher's hand. Christopher looked at her confused. "What are you doing?"

Kaylee blinked twice. "Doing my job." Christopher looked away and said in a lower voice. "This is not your job."

"Huh?" Christopher shook his head. "Let me handle this." Kaylee was about to say something when Christopher took back the documents in her hands and placed them back on the table. "Let's just leave it here." She laughed.

At JCrystal Hotel ground floor. Sofia parked her car and was about to get out of her car when she saw, Christopher and Kaylee got out of Christopher's car. She got out of her car and approached the two of them. Christopher didn't pay much attention to her and continued to walk as Kaylee followed him. "Topher, I heard Liam will not be here for a week. You want me to replace him for a while."

"I have Kaylee." Sofia frowned and went in front of Christopher. Christopher stopped and looked at her with his cold gaze. "Why are you here?" Sofia gulped and looked at Christopher with her sad face. "I want to spend time with you." Christopher started to walk again as Kaylee followed him. "Go home, It's late," Christopher said, leaving Sofia alone.

At Christopher's unit, Living room. Christopher is on a video call with Liam.

"Dude! I cleared your schedule for a week. I also asked Anna to pack some documents that needed to be done immediately. It's not urgent, but those documents were needed after I returned to work. You don't need to go to the Empire tomorrow. Someone will bring those documents to your unit."

Christopher raised his brows. "Why did you clear my schedule? Did you think I couldn't go to work without you? I have Kaylee." Liam's face turned pale, and his jaw dropped.

"I know that you have her. You don't need to say it all the time. My point is, we don't know if Kaylee can handle my job since you don't let me teach her. Now that I am not there, do you think she can do it just because she saw me do my work daily?"

"Are you underestimating Kaylee?" Liam froze. Christopher looked at him with an innocent look. "What?"

Liam sighed. "I'm saying that I want to give you and Kaylee some time alone."

Christopher smiled. "Thank you." He laughed when Liam ended the call, after he said, 'Thank you.'

He stood up and went to the kitchen. Kaylee was preparing their dinner. "Are you done?"

Kaylee looked at the man, smiled, and then nodded. "Let's eat." Christopher picked up the spoon and sipped the soup Kaylee made. He sat on his chair and started to eat with Kaylee.

"Have you talked to Liam?" Kaylee asked in the middle of their dinner. Christopher put down his spoon and looked at Kaylee as he nodded. When he nodded, Kaylee also nodded her head. "What did he say?" Christopher smiled. "He cleared my schedule for a whole week." Her jaw dropped. "He didn't trust me?"

Christopher smiled at her as he held her hand. "I trust you."

"Thank you."