Chapter 8: Stop picking on Kaylee

"Why are you here?"

Sofia looked at Christopher and ignored Liam and Kaylee. "I'm bored and suddenly want to go shopping."

"Are you alone?" Sofia shook her head and pointed the two men in black behind her.

"I'm hungry, let's eat, Topher," Sofia said softly as she moved closer to Christopher. He looked at Kaylee. She was standing next to Liam with her head bowed. When he looked at Liam, he looked at him calmly as he mouthed 'Contract.' Christopher removed Sofia's hand from his arm and pushed her away.

Sofia frowned as she looked at Christopher stunned, she awkwardly laughed "What's wrong Topher?"

"I'm sorry, let's eat some other time." Sofia's jaw dropped. "What did you say? Did you just reject me?" Christopher looked at her coldly.

"See you later." Christopher was about to leave when Sofia held his hand. "You're not leaving!" Christopher let go of Sofia's hand.

"I'm sorry, we're leaving." Christopher turned his back on Sofia and walked away. Liam and Kaylee followed him quietly while holding the shopping bags.

Sofia clenched her fist and walked irritatedly towards Christopher pushing Liam and Kaylee out of her way.

Kaylee and the shopping bags on her hands fell on the floor. When Christopher saw Kaylee on the floor, he frowned as he walked toward her and helped her stand up. Sofia was taken aback by what she saw.

Christopher is not the type of person who will help anyone in this kind of situation. Especially just a mere assistant. 'Just who the hell is this bitch?' Sofia thought to herself.

When her eyes, landed on the shopping bags on the floor, she looked at the shopping in Liam's hand. 'JL's Wear?' JL's Wear is a Ladies' wear brand. Which means, this stuff is for girls.

"What do you think you're doing, Sofia?" Sofia sharply looked at Christopher. "That's my line! What do you think you're doing, Topher?"

Christopher picked up the shopping bags on the floor. "Let's go." He said. Kaylee stood up to follow him, but Sofia pulled out her hair before she could leave. "AHH!" Christopher and Liam stopped on their way and looked behind. Sofia is pulling Kaylee's hair.

Christopher looked up and closed his eyes as he pressed his lips together. His grip on the paper bags tightened. He sighed, opened his eyes, let go of the paper bags, and walked toward them.

"You bitch!"

Christopher held Sofia's wrist. Sofia frowned and looked at Christopher. "What are you doing? Let me go!" The two men in black were about to stop Christopher when Liam blocked them. "Miss Sofia is fine. Let my master handle this."

"Let me go! It hurts!" When the two men heard that, they charged toward Christopher but Liam didn't let them.

"Let her go, first!" Christopher firmly said. Sofia let go of Kaylee's hair as she sneered.

When Sofia let go of Kaylee, Christopher tossed away her hand. "Stop picking on Kaylee."

Liam grinned. "Serve you right." He murmured!.

"What's wrong with you?" Sofia's irritated voice rang in their ears.

"Nothing is wrong with me."

Sofia looked at the three of them. "This is so not you, Topher. Who is she to deserve your protection?"

Christopher looked at her coldly. "It has nothing to do with you." Sofia clenched her teeth! "Goodbye."

"You'll regret this!" Sofia shouted.

The three of them walked away without looking back. Kaylee bit her lower lip. 'That was so intense.'

On the other hand, Christopher tried to suppress his anger. In the end, he put up a poker face, but when his gaze landed on Liam, he chuckled. Liam has a wide smile on his face. "Are you that happy?" Liam nodded.

Liam pressed the car key and placed the paper bags in the trunk. He opened the driver's seat door and entered the car. He looked at the rearview mirror and buckled up his seat belt as he started the engine.

"Are you okay?" Kaylee nodded. "I'm sorry about that, Sofia has a bad temper."

Kaylee smiled. "It's okay." She was used to it.

"She's a spoiled brat, okay?" Liam irritatedly said as he slowly stepped on the gas and started driving.

Christopher laughed. "You really hate her, huh?" Liam rolled his eyes. "I hate her to death!" Christopher and Kaylee laughed when they saw Liam's reaction.

"Stop laughing idiots!" Kaylee smiled as she looked outside. "Thank you!" She said. The two men looked at her and smiled.

'I've never been this happy since my grandma died. The protection they gave me, the assurance that I'm not alone. I like it. I'm starting to like it.'