Chapter 67: Resemble each other

Christopher turned around to face Ethan. He was so mad because he ruined his meeting. Ethan was older, but he acted like a child. "What are you doing here?"

Ethan sneered and clenched his fist. "Do you think I'll let you have this deal? I won't let you."

"How did you know, Noelle?" Christopher asked with a serious tone.

Ethan looked at him sharply. "It's none of your goddamned business." He said and left the hotel.

Liam, Christopher, and Kaylee were left in the hotel. Christopher looked at Kaylee and smiled. "Let's go?"

Kaylee nodded. Christopher looked at Liam and nodded, a sign that they are also leaving.

On his way back to the Jarvis Empire, Christopher feels heavy. His thoughts contain many questions, but it is obvious that Kaylee doesn't know about them.

Kaylee held his hand. "Are you okay?"
With that, he looked at her, tucked her hair behind her eyes, and smiled. "Of course."

Kaylee looked at him worriedly. "You sure? You're not yourself since you left that room. Did something happen?"

Christopher pinched her hand. "No, nothing happens." He assured her and kissed her forehead. He looked at Liam and said. "Drop us at the hotel. We're not going to the Empire."

Liam looked at Christopher through the rearview mirror and said. "Can I go somewhere today after I drop you off?"
Christopher looked back at him and nodded.

"Okay. Inform Anna." He rested his head on the headrest and closed his eyes. When he felt Kaylee looking at him, he slowly opened his eyes, lifted his head, and kissed her lips. "I'm fine," he said as he placed Kaylee's head on his shoulder.

After Liam dropped Christopher and Kaylee off at the JCrystal Hotel, he drove away.

Inside the elevator. Christopher and Kaylee were silently standing hand in hand while the elevator was rising. Kaylee didn't know why Christopher seemed to be distracted by something. She knew it was because of Noelle Vermillion.

Thinking back on what happened earlier, Noelle seems to know her and her grandmother. She didn't know, but she has this kind of familiar feeling within her when she saw her.

She found it odd, but she did not focus on that. When the elevator reached the top, Christopher got off the elevator together with Kaylee. He entered his password and entered his unit while holding Kaylee's hand. There was no point hiding behind the CCTV now that his parents knew about their relationship.

The moment they entered the unit, Christopher let go of her hands, sat on the couch, rested his head, and closed his eyes.

Kaylee gritted her teeth and sat on the couch across from him. "What's wrong with you?"

Christopher opened his eyes and looked at her. "Do you know her? I mean, Noelle Vermillion?" Even though it was obvious that Kaylee didn't know about her, he still asked because the resemblance between them really bothered him.

Kaylee gently looked at him. 'Finally, you're talking.' She thought.

"Me? I don't know her, but this is the first time I've seen her. I was surprised to find out she knows my name." Kaylee frowned. "Why did you ask anyway?"

Christopher shook his head. "Nothing, just wondering."

Kaylee rolled her eyes. "Wondering about what?"

Christopher laughed at her reaction, he stood up and messed up her hair. "It's just that, you resemble each other."

Kaylee blinked. 'Huh?'