Chapter 61: Empire

That night, Kaylee had a hard time convincing Christopher to sleep. He didn't want to sleep because he wanted to look after her, but that wouldn't do because he always got sick whenever he stayed up all night. They were arguing for an hour before Christopher gave in. After all, Kaylee wouldn't give up because of Christopher's condition.
...

The next morning, Charlotte woke up without Kaylee on her side. She stood up and was about to go into Christopher's room when her Mom popped up, out of nowhere. She blinked. "Mom, what are you—"

Chrisette covered her mouth and dragged her away from Christopher's room. "They're sleeping. Let's not bother them okay?" She said in a lower voice.

When Charlotte realized what was happening, she wrapped her arm around her Mother's and walked away as they left.

Downstairs

Ethan was drinking his coffee when Charlotte and Chrisette went downstairs.
He has a bruise near the left side of his mouth where Christopher punched him last night and a wound on the lips where Kaylee bit him while he was forcefully kissing her. Charlotte walked toward him and asked him worriedly. "Ethan-nii, what happened to you?"

Ethan smiled at her and didn't say a word. He grabbed the cup of coffee and drank it. He groaned when he felt pain on his lips. Trevor just got there. He looked coldly at Ethan. "Did you provoke him even more?"

Ethan gritted his teeth and stood up, leaving them alone.

"What happened?" Charlotte asked confused. Ethan lost his cool this time. He failed to show the innocent image he always has inside the Jarvis Mansion.

Even though Trevor was aware of what he was doing all this time and Chrisette knew that he hated them, Ethan acted as if he had done nothing wrong.

Chrisette looked at Trevor but he shook his head. Charlotte looked at his mom and dad, but when neither of them said a word, she went upstairs and called Liam.

As soon as Charlotte left, Chrisette frowned and looked at his husband. "What do you mean by that? Did your great son do something wrong with my son again?"
Trevor massaged his temple as he turned his back to his wife. "Don't start."
Chrisette gritted her teeth. "What did he do?"

"Mom. Dad." Trevor and Chrisette looked at the man who had just called them. He was wearing a simple long-sleeved polo shirt and black pants. Beside him was Kaylee, wearing a simple white dress.

Trevor looked at his son. "Not going to work?"

"We're going somewhere."

Chrisette ran toward her son and held his face. Check if there is a bruise on his face.

"Are you okay? Did Ethan hurt you or something?"

Kaylee subconsciously held in Christopher's arms when she heard Ethan's name.
Christopher held her hand and looked at his mom. "We're leaving, Mom; Liam is outside."
Chrisette nodded. "Take care." She said and gave Christopher and Kaylee a hug.

"Son, I forgot to tell you, We have a business meeting with the head of the Vermillion Empire next week. You must take this deal. You have to. Vermillion Empire is going to be a big help for us in many ways and in the future. You're going to meet the eldest daughter, her name is Noelle Vermillion."

"Okay." Christopher walks away together with Kaylee as soon as his dad is done talking.