Chapter 26: I'm sorry. I can't help it

Kaylee slowly opened her eyes. She pulled her hair and kicked her foot in the air. It's been a while since Christopher left the room, but she can't bring herself to sleep, instead, she can't stop thinking about him. "What's wrong with me?" She sat on the bed and acted like she was talking to someone. "I mean, why does my heart keep beating fast just by thinking of him? It's not like I'm in love with him or something."

Kaylee placed her hand on her chest and bit her lower lip. "So what? What if I fall for him? I have nothing to lose. I have every right to fall for him. It's his fault, why does he have to act so sweet?" Kaylee lay down on the bed and took a deep breath. "It's all his fault that I fell for him." Kaylee whined as she rolled on the bed, "Why am I talking to myself?" Kaylee stood up and went to the bathroom.

She removed her clothes and opened the shower. 'How does it feel like to take a bath with someone?' Kaylee thought to herself, she blushed. 'WAAHHHH WHAT AM I THINKING!' She was holding her face with her bathrobe on when she left the bathroom. "I must be crazy." She blushed again. 'Crazy in love with him! WAAAAAHHHH! What's wrong with me?!' She screamed in her mind. 'This can't be happening.'

Kaylee stood in front of the mirror, dried her hair, and combed her hair, her face was still slightly red from thinking of Christopher. Kaylee walked towards her closet and prepared her clothes and underwear. She placed it on the bed. She was about to lock the door when she heard a footstep approaching, her eyes widened. When she realized the door was slightly open, She placed her clothes under the blanket, lay on the bed, and hid under the blanket.

Christopher opened the door and walked toward her, he sat on the bed. He tried to pull down the blanket covering Kaylee, but Kaylee stopped her. He laughed when he saw Kaylee with her eyes closed. The blanket is still covering her body, only her face is shown. Kaylee's hair was already dried when Christopher came in.

'Stupid me! I should have locked the door instead or just run into the bathroom, I am only wearing my bathrobe for Pete's sake! And now, he's laughing!' Kaylee thought to herself.

"Were you pretending to be asleep again?"

Kaylee didn't open her eyes and covered her face again with the blanket. She doesn't want to see Christopher's reaction. 'It was so embarrassing.' She thought to herself.

Christopher tried to pull down the blanket again and pressed his lips against Kaylee's. Her eyes widen, and her heartbeat beats faster.

"You finally opened your eyes."

Kaylee looked away. "Y-yeah."

Christopher smiled, "I got invited to a party. Do you want to go with me? " Kaylee shook her head. "What do you want?"

Kaylee once again shook her head. Christopher removed the hair that was blocking her face. "You can go to the party if you want, you don't need to bring me along."

Christopher was about to help Kaylee to sit up, but Kaylee refused. She shook her head. 'No! Please, no!'

Christopher frowned. "What's wrong?"

Kaylee once again shook her head. "N-nothings wrong."

Christopher looked at her with a worried expression. "Are you sure?"

Kaylee nodded. 'Just get out of here, stupid!'

Christopher gave her a nod. "Did you see my phone?" Kaylee shook her head. On the other hand, Christopher searched the phone on the bed, and to his surprise, Kaylee sat up hurriedly.

Christopher was taken aback, "I... I'm sorry... I... I didn't know."

Kaylee looked away, "It's okay." Christopher turned his back to Kaylee.

"What are you doing?" Christopher asked while looking at the door. He doesn't expect to see Kaylee in her robe. He gulped.

Kaylee's sudden movement slightly showed her chest. "I-I was about to put my clothes on but you suddenly came in."

Christopher lowered his head. "I'm sorry. Did you sleep well?" He said trying to change the atmosphere.

"I... I can't sleep."

"You have to rest. It's a good thing we still have a day off tomorrow." Kaylee nodded.

Christopher turned around and looked at Kaylee. He gulped as he licked his lip. This woman in front of her is the very first woman who can make his heart beat fast. The very first woman he can give all of his trust. He knew that he liked her. There's no doubt. He doesn't want to do it until she's ready, but seeing her like this...

Christopher held Kaylee's face, she looked at him with a questioning look. Christopher kissed her forehead, her nose, and her cheek. "T-Top."

Christopher helped Kaylee lie down on the bed, and he placed Kaylee's hand on his chest, leaned over to her right ear, and whispered. "I'm sorry. I can't help it."