Chapter 75: Not gonna happen

"Can I ask how Miss Vermillion knew about this place?" Christopher asked gently.

She looked at him and said in a plain voice, "I just happened to be here yesterday and saw you guys moving in." She paused and then looked around. "Since your place seems to be peaceful, if it's okay with you, we can discuss our business here."

Christopher gently looked at her and said, in a businessman-like tone, " It's okay with me wherever you want. It's just that I don't want to trouble you by coming all the way here just to discuss our business proposal with you."

Noelle waved her hand. "I don't mind. I have a friend not too far away from here." She paused again. "It seems like your other assistant isn't here."

Christopher sighed and looked at Noelle with a questioning look. "You mean my girlfriend? She's upstairs, taking a bath."

Noelle gritted her teeth, trying to contain her irritation. "Is she the one I heard earlier? Begging you not to touch her. What did you do to her?"

Christopher was becoming serious. "I don't do anything. Her arm turned numb that's why she subconsciously yelled not to touch her. Now. Tell me, Miss Vermillion, why you're so interested in my girlfriend." He paused and then crossed his arm. "You don't seem to have a bad intention towards her."

Noelle bit her lower lip and was about to say something but Christopher cut her off.

"And I can see the resemblance between the two of you? Are you somehow related to her?"

Noelle was taken aback. She blinked. "Do we really resemble each other?"

Christopher nodded.

Liam and Charlotte looked at Noelle trying to find the resemblance between Kaylee and Noelle.

"So tell me. Are you related to her in any way?"

Noelle pressed her lips together and looked at the two, who had been looking at her for a while now. She sighed and looked back at Christopher again. "Can I talk to you privately?"

Christopher looked at Liam and nodded.

Even though he's curious too, he needs to leave and bring Charlotte along because they haven't signed a contract yet. It's better to give what President Vermillion wants.

Charlotte stumped her feet while Liam was dragging her alone. "Why do we have to leave?" She said irritatedly.

"They have to talk about business."

Charlotte looked at him sharply. "Is Kaylee a business?"

"Look-"

"I know. You don't need to tell me." She cut Liam out and walked out.

"Hey. Are you mad?"

Charlotte stopped on her truck. "As if." She said and walked straight to her room.

--

"Now we're alone. Can you tell me now?"

Noelle crossed her arms and her legs. "Tell me first what do you need with Kaylee?"

Christopher frowns. "What do you mean?"

Noelle looked at him seriously and said, "If you'll hurt and leave her in the end, do it now."

After hearing those words Christopher's aura turned cold. "Are you saying, you want me to break up with her?"

Noelle felt the change in Christopher's aura and the way he talked. "That's right."

Christopher grin. "Not gonna happen."