Chapter 56: Chrisette Jarvis

Jarvis Mansion | Dining room.

Kaylee choked the moment Chrisette, Christopher's mom looked at her for the 8th time now. Christopher looked at Kaylee and caressed her back. Kaylee smiled at him and shook her head.

Charlotte slightly coughed and looked at her mom. "You're scaring her, Mom. Let's just eat first, you can ask her later, we have a lot of time."

"Okay."

Christopher looked at his mom. "Where's Dad?" he asked. His Mom and Charlotte looked at each other. Chrisette let out a light cough before giving him an answer. "He's not home, he went on a business trip yesterday."

Christopher's face darkened, his grip on the spoon tightened, and he gritted his teeth as he glared at his Mom. He knew his Mom very well; he knew if she was lying or not.

On his side, Kaylee licked her lips as put down the spoon and fork on her plate. She noticed Christopher's change of mood. She gulped and looked at the man beside her.

Even though she was nervous and trying to limit her moves inside the mansion and in front of Christopher's mom, she needed to do something to calm the man beside her. She reached out his hand and gently caressed it.

Christopher looked at her gently.

She smiled and gave him a slight nod. "I'm thirsty," she said while looking directly into his eyes, saying, 'It's fine. I'm fine if he doesn't like me. I'm fine as long as you like me. I am satisfied with that.'

Christopher got her hand and kissed it, smiled at her, and gave her water. They understand one another just by simple gestures.

Living room.

Kaylee and Chrisette were sitting on the couch. It was already evening, and this was Kaylee's first time alone with her.

Charlotte leaves them alone, while Christopher says he is going to check something. Kaylee was sitting there nervously while Chrisette was looking at her. She sighed before she asked. "Do you really love my son?"

Kaylee looked at her and smiled. "I do. I really do," she said, saying the truth was the best thing she could do now. Chrisette smiled at her and held her hands. "Do you love him enough to let yourself marry him?" Kaylee was taken aback. She knew about Christopher's mom's obsession with marrying him off, but she didn't expect that she would ask her that on the spot.

Christopher once asked her about this. About her marrying him. She would love to because she wanted him to be by her side for the rest of her life.

Kaylee cleared her throat and looked at her. She didn't know what's the right thing to say, but, she also knew that she needed to answer her question. "I am willing to marry him if he wants me to."

"Do you think he would?"

Kaylee blinked. "I... I don't know?"

"What's your guess?"

Kaylee bit her lower lip. "He asked me once if I wanted to marry him," she said with a low voice but enough for Chrisette to hear. Chrisette's face brightened, and she gave Kaylee a sweet smile and hugged her. "Thank you, thank you for the patience of my son. I can't believe he would ever say that to a girl. I was just hoping that he would take care of you."

Kaylee smiled and hugged her back. "You don't need to worry Madam. He's so nice to me, he's spoiling me actually."

Chrisette pulled away and looked at Kaylee. "Stop calling me, Madam." She paused and gave her wide smile. "Try calling me Mom?"

Kaylee blinked. "Huh?"

"Come on."

— Garden.

At the same time. A middle-aged man was standing under the moonlight with a frown on his forehead. Standing before him was a man with a serious face and lips pressed into a thin line.