Chapter 14: To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Inside Christopher and Kaylee's room. Kaylee is lying on the bed with her eyes closed while Christopher is sitting beside her with his laptop on his lap. "Are you awake?" Upon hearing Christopher's voice, Kaylee opened her eyes and looked at the man. Christopher smiled and caressed Kaylee's hair. "Tomorrow, someone will bring some documents from the Empire here. I'm going to trouble you again. We will be busy by then." Kaylee smiled. "You don't have to worry about that."

The next morning, Kaylee woke up early. Beside her, Christopher is sleeping peacefully. Kaylee stood up and went to the bathroom. She placed her hand in the wash basin. "You're useless." She said while looking directly at her reflection through the mirror before her.

Kaylee took a deep breath and lowered her head, she taped the faucet, washed both her hands and her face, and brushed her teeth.

Kaylee took the towel from the drawer and wiped her face. She looked at her reflection once again and smiled.

When she left the bathroom, she saw Christopher lying asleep on the bed. Kaylee went to the kitchen in Christopher's unit and prepared their breakfast. After preparing their breakfast, she returned to their room to check if Christopher had woken up.

When she saw that the man was still asleep, she decided to watch TV in the living room and wait for Christopher to wake up.

After a while, Kaylee looked behind when she heard footsteps coming from her back. She saw the man walking towards her as he ran his fingers through his hair. His hair is messy, and his eyes are slightly closed, proving he's still sleepy. He sat beside Kaylee and lay down on the couch.

His head was placed in Kaylee's lap. Kaylee blinked as she looked at the man with his head in her lap. The man placed his arm on his forehead. "Do you want to eat?" Kaylee asked.

"Hm." Christopher shook his head. "Later." Kaylee nodded as she watched the TV. "What are you watching?" He asked while his eyes shut and his arm on his forehead.

"It's a movie based on one of my favorite books, To All the Boys I've Loved Before."

Christopher opened his eyes and removed his arm from his forehead. He looked at the TV screen. It's the part where the male lead gives a letter to the female lead every day. "Do you like this kind of story?"

Kaylee looked at him. "Well, you see girls like this kind of story. I mean some of the girls."

Christopher smiled, "So you like it?" Kaylee was stunned. She blinked. "Well, yeah."

"Should I write you a letter every day just like what he did?" Kaylee laughed. "Hell no!"

Christopher smiled. "Why not?" Kaylee gave him a 'seriously look' "You don't have to."

"You said you like it." Kaylee was still stunned as she looked at him. "Yes, I mean no!" Kaylee looked away, but Christopher followed her gaze. Kaylee sighed, "Okay, I like the story, but that doesn't mean I like stuff like that."

Christopher looked at Kaylee while nodding his head. "Hm, I see."

Kaylee rolled her eyes, "Fine, It's kinda cute. And sweet." Christopher nodded with a grin on his lips. 'That's not the face of someone sleepy just a minute ago.' Kaylee thought to herself. "So you like it."

"SHUT UP!" Christopher laughed and held his tummy. 'He likes teasing me.'

"I'm hungry." Kaylee grabbed the remote from the side table and paused the movie. "Wait up." She said as she stood.

Christopher smiled, "Let's eat here, okay?" Kaylee didn't say anything and went to the kitchen. She heated the vegetable sandwich and ham and egg crescent rolls and placed them on a tray with two glasses of milk. When she returned to the living room, Christopher was holding his phone, playing a game.

Kaylee put down the tray on the center table. Christopher ignored her and continued playing the game.

"I was completely ignored." Christopher looked at her for a second and returned to his phone, "Huh?"

Kaylee sat beside Christopher and started to eat and play the movie. She was busy watching and eating when a certain someone bites the sandwich in her hands. Kaylee raised her eyebrow and looked at the man beside her. He's smiling widely while scratching the back of his head. He grabbed some food on the tray and ate it.

"I'll be going to the market later--"

"I'm going with you." Without looking at Christopher Kaylee said, "No you're not."

Christopher looked at her stunned. "Why?" Kaylee blinked.

"What if the documents arrive and no one's here?" Christopher nodded. "Okay, then."