07. Grazing Lips

"Really?" I looked up at him, his jaw clenched as his hard eyes inspected my body. "Really? The floor?"

"You're too crazy to be left alone," The handcuffs clanked against each other as he tightened them around one of my wrist. Raising his tired eyes to me, he murmured, "Even if it's for a second."

When he got up to walk away from me, I called out. "Cute knowing that you don't find your big-bad-kidnapper-self enough to tackle one 5'5 girl."

I knew I had pushed his buttons when he whipped around, a finger pointed at me as he snarled, "You know what isn't enough? My patience. Continue being stupid and I'll label your death as an accident."

"What are you gonna do?" I chuckled, my body shivering uncontrollably from the cold marbled flooring. "Kill me?" I pouted mockingly.

"Oh no," He stood in front of me now, having me tilt my head upwards to look at him. "I won't just kill you. I will drag you down the pathway to hell first."

"Touch me and I swear to God, I will claw your jugular vein with my bare hands."

Just as Nathan lunged for me, Theo grabbed him by the torso and yanked him back, "Hey, hey, hey! She's a girl!"

"No, no, let's put her so-called violent tactics to test." Just as Nathan got up from the floor again, Theo kicked him back to his original spot.

"Angelina," I looked up at Theo from the floor. "Please, not right now. You've done a number on the both of us."

"And look at where it has gotten me!" I screeched, motioning at my multiple scars and the dried up blood around them. "You both speak as if running for my life is illegal! I was kidnapped by fucking N.T!"

"We were gonna let you go!" Nathan snarled from behind Theo. "I TOLD YOU I'D LET YOU GO!"

"THEN DO SO!" I pulled away from the foot of the sofa that the other handcuff was locked around. "THEN LET ME GO!" The metal of the cuffs clanked against each other violently.

"No," Nathan drawled out, laughing. "No. Now, you're going to suffer."

My eyebrows furrowed in fury, "Oh, you think I am scared, N.T? You think I am going to cry and beg you to spare my life?"

"Don't push him, Angelina."

"No, I expect much worse from a nut-job like you."

Yanking my hand away from the sofa, I screamed, "THEN LET ME FREE! LET ME FREE AND FIGHT ME, BIG GUY! MAKE THE FIGHT FAIR—" Before I could react to him, Theo clamped a palm over my mouth.

"Fight you?" Nathan shook his head, grinning with no humor on his face. "Do you seriously think your stick-of-a-figure can do any harm? Humble yourself."

I growled, pulling my lips away from Theo's palm, glaring daggers at the man in front of me. Anger bubbled inside me with an intensity that would've sent any sane human being running away, but it pulled Nathan towards me.

Good, I thought. Let him come a little bit more closer, so I end his autobiography right here and right now.

"Angel, stop talking now." Theo warned from beside me, his eye devoid of any humor. "I am serious."

"Then lock me up in your room," I challenged before staring at Nathan with evident disgust in my eyes. "I don't want to sit and stare at his repulsive face."

"Likewise." He grumbled back.

"I can't," Theo sighed, rubbing his hand up and down my arm after yet another shiver of cold shook me. "I am sorry."