Pt. 31: On Top

"Will you be joining me?"

Chance's question was innocent enough. I smiled at him as he lay sprawled out on the bed, one arm tucked behind his head, the other swirling the wine glass. His ocean blue eyes were sparkling in the moonlight coming from the window facing the water. He was totally at ease wearing nothing but his black boxer briefs. 

And fuck, did he wear them well.

Chance raised his brows expectantly and I remembered that he had asked me a question. "Yeah," I sighed, pointing to my bag and then the bathroom like I couldn't form a sentence in my head. "I'll be...right back."

Chance grinned at me while knocking back another sip and then licking his lips. "I'll be right here."

A little shiver shot through me and I bit my lip in order to keep from letting him see how he was affecting me. I dipped into the ensuite and closed the door behind me. I blew out a deep breath as I stepped closer to the mirror and looked at my face. My make-up was holding up well and although my hair had fallen a little flat, it wasn't horrible. 

I quickly removed my dress and undergarments before delving into the overnight bag to peruse my choices. Of course I had packed some shortie pajamas and a little robe, but I had also tucked in a naughty little number I had been saving for a special occasion.

But now I wondered if wearing it would put some unnecessary pressure on him.

I mean, let's face it, Chance knows I want him. I've always been clear. I've always made the first move and he has always shut it down. If anything happens between us, it has to come from him. I just can't put myself out there anymore and continue to get rejected. 

Of course I knew all his reasons, but I was ready. I was more than ready to make this thing between us real. In my mind, we only had two more steps to take.

Make love.

Say I love you.

I was more than shocked when he finally asked me to be his girlfriend earlier tonight. Then of course, everything went to hell. When we almost had sex on his desk, I saw the fear in his eyes.

He lost control. 

Chance was what I wanted. We were so close to having it all. I peered at my choices and said fuck it. I grabbed the sheer, plum colored teddy, trimmed in back lace, accompanied by a pair of matching lace trim bikini cut panties. Yes, the whole ensemble declared, please fuck me! But that's what I wanted, so… why not? 

I slipped into the totally see-through lingerie and immediately felt sexy. I twisted my hair up and secured it with a clip. I had hoped that pulling my hair up would draw attention to my neck and show even more skin. I freshened up a bit by brushing my teeth and spraying on a bit more of citrus body spray. Once I had decided I looked good, I crept back into the bedroom and stood at the end of the bed.