Pt. 7: Let Me Look at You

It took me a good half hour to get my head on straight after that kiss with Chance

It took me a good half hour to get my head on straight after that kiss with Chance. Too short, as always. It seemed like something was always keeping us from having some real quality time together.

My mind drifted to Seattle and I couldn't help but wonder if it wouldn't end up being a good thing for us. Chance promised me that dinner time would be for just me and him, plus there was time for sightseeing.

And of course we would be sleeping in the same bed.

My stomach felt weird when I thought about it. Would he expect me to have sex with him? Would he want to hold me in his arms? Or would we just keep our distance? I hoped that kiss I couldn't get off my mind was a good indication that we were headed in the right direction.

I had laid it all out for him. I let him know I wanted to be with him and he wanted the same. So what's next? A date would be amazing. I'd love some one on one time without his damn cell phone going off every two seconds.

I glanced at my laptop again and groaned. I wouldn't be going anywhere if I didn't meet my deadline.

I thought about my topic and started jotting down ideas. Eventually I had an idea for an article, but it was nothing like the one that had been suggested to me by my editor. But maybe this could be something more. She wanted an article about dating and relationships.

Well...I had a situationship if there ever was one.

I tried out a few titles and got started on my first draft. I decided to see what I could get done before emailing my editor and showing her my new idea. She could either love it or hate it.

"You were up early," Shayne commented from my doorway.

A few hours had passed and I was really on a roll with my article. I nodded at Shayne as she peeked over my shoulder. "Yeah...I just couldn't sleep, so I got up and started writing."

"Couldn't sleep...or never went to bed?" Shayne quizzed suspiciously.

"Stop," I pouted, attempting to push her off the edge of my desk, where she was perched. "It wasn't like that."

She grinned. "Sure. That's why I saw him join you in the bathroom while you took a bath."

I felt my cheeks warm at the memory. And how he told me I had tempted him with my nakedness. "We...just talked."

"Y'all talk too much," she joked. "You need more action."

"Well...we did kiss this morning."

Shayne wanted to stick around to get more gossip, but she had a yoga class at 11am and the shower was calling her name. I jumped right back into my writing, amazed at how easily it was flowing. Shayne had been gone about a half hour when I felt strong hands kneading my shoulders and warm breath on my neck.

"Did you miss me?"

I giggled when Chance skimmed his lips over the curve of my neck and expertly massaged the tight muscles in my back. "Of course I missed...you," I moaned, noticing that Chance stopped abruptly.