Pt. 21: What the Hell Just Happened?

Chance rolled us over and pulled me to his chest

Chance rolled us over and pulled me to his chest. "I'm glad you liked it," he panted.

I raised my head slowly and gave him a dreamy look. I bit my lower lip and sighed, "It's my turn to taste you
now."

Chance's eyes went wide and excitement began to make me burn from the inside. I was turned on by his shock and it made me want to prove myself to him even more. Without another second of hesitation, I started trailing kisses down his face and all over his neck. I wasn't sure what we were waiting for anymore. As far as I was concerned, I was ready to give Chance all the pleasure he had just given me.

I was already basically naked. Now the only thing stopping us was his boxer briefs and a condom. I gripped the waistband of his briefs and began to peel them down when I felt his fingers cover mine. "Wait."

I blinked up at him, furrowing my brow. "What's wrong?"

Chance pulled himself up to lean against the headboard, putting distance between us. He looked away from me and gnawed at the corner of his own mouth. "I just think we should wait."

I sat up with my knees bent under me, my backside resting on my heels. "Seriously?"

He finally made eye contact with me and I could see he was serious. I shrugged and shook my head. "You really don't want me?"

When he just stared at me, giving me no explanation, I jumped off the bed, grabbed some clothes and ducked into the bathroom. I leaned heavily on the vanity, slowly raising my head to see my own reflection. I was still wearing the red nightie as it was hanging precariously off my shoulders. He seemed to love it when he first saw me in it. What the hell just happened? 

I fought away tears as I was determined not to let him see me cry over him. No, anger was taking over now. I washed my face and slipped into a tank top and boy shorts. My hair was a bit of a mess from going to bed with it wet. There was no point in trying to fix it now.

He didn't want me anyway.

I snapped the bathroom light off and returned to our bed. The only light on was the lamp on my side of the bed. Chance was lying on his side of the bed, on his back, wearing pajama pants. Extra protection from me, I suppose.

I climbed into bed on my side, facing away from him and scrolling through my phone while it charged. I could feel Chance shifting in the bed, sliding up behind me, but not touching me. When he skimmed a finger down my bare arm, I cursed my body for the fresh crop of goosebumps that appeared. My nipples were hard too, pushing through the material of my tank top.

"Can I hold you?"

His voice was soft and his breath barely touched my skin, but I couldn't say yes. He hurt me. He rejected me. I was humiliated.

"Leave me alone."

My voice cracked at the end and I cringed. I wanted to be tough and show him he didn't affect me. But fuck, he always affected me. When I didn't respond to him or turn around to face him, he sighed dramatically.