Pt. 27: I Know What I Want

I stretched my arms wide when I awoke, blinking rapidly and searching for my phone. Chance groaned when my body twisted toward his nightstand. We fell asleep hours ago with our bodies entwined. Chance had his arms locked around my waist, his cheek resting on my bare stomach. At some point, he had pulled off my shirt and I had expected things to heat up. But when he removed my bra and pressed our bare chests together, I knew what he wanted.

He wanted the closeness that being skin-on-skin provided. Earlier I had made him open up and God, did he. I almost felt guilty for how he had laid everything bare to me. So much pain for a young man to endure. And now all he wanted was to hold me tightly to him.

I wanted it too. Thinking about the loss of my father was rough on me. I don't think I ever dealt with it properly. I, in turn, had been cautious with my affection before meeting my ex. I was scared of being hurt. But after meeting Chance I realized you can only get hurt when you truly care.

I squirmed a little and was able to reach my phone. It was just after 10pm on a Saturday night and here we were in bed and had been for hours. Confessing all your secrets was exhausting. I shifted a little, trying to move out from under Chance's tight grasp. "Stay," he mumbled, probably assuming I was trying to slip off to my own room.

"I'm hungry," I whispered as my fingers drifted to his hair. "We missed dinner."

Chance raised his head, sexy bedroom eyes gleaming in the moonlight trickling in from his window. "I got something for ya," he grinned devilishly.

"You're disgusting," I chuckled lightly, pressing his shoulders in an effort to wrench myself away.

Chance rubbed his hand over his face as he sat up and stretched. "You weren't saying that in the shower earlier."

I reached past him for my t-shirt at the end of the bed. "Yeah? Well that could easily be a one-time occurrence if you don't quit teasing me."

Chance gripped me with both hands, pulling me to straddle him as he sat on the edge of the bed. "You want more. I know you do," he sighed, gazing up at me as his hands squeezed my ass roughly.

I held the sides of his neck possessively and peered down into those ocean blue eyes I loved so much. "What I want," I paused to run my tongue along my lower lip, not missing how his eyes drifted down to stare. "What I want...is a bacon cheeseburger. So unless you've got one hidden under this bulge in your pants...I suggest you let me go."

Chance laughed and I loved that sound. "Blown off for a burger?" He shook his head and stood with me wrapped around him. "You don't like my meat?" he teased as he carried me out of his room.

As if on cue, my stomach growled... loudly. I covered my face with my hands and sighed. "Well that's embarrassing."

"Nah," he disagreed as a smirk tugged the corners of his mouth. "You have a healthy appetite. I like that."