Pt. 19: Getting Wet

“Taste this.”

I scowled at Chance as he held the fork up to my mouth. “Do you have any idea how many carbs are on that fork right now?”

“Oh my God, Cami. Can you just please indulge me?”

“I have been indulging you...all night long. I let you order me this bottle of Pinot even though just a glass would’ve been fine.”

Chance grinned and pushed the fork between his own lips. “You drank almost every bit of it,” he smirked, holding up the bottle to show it was nearly empty. “And judging by how pink your cheeks are, I’d say you’re enjoying it too.”

I leaned forward and playfully shoved his shoulder, shrieking when he pulled me from my seat and into his lap. I curled my arm around the back of his neck and brushed my lips down his jawline. “Stop teasing. You know what wine does to me,” I hummed into his ear.

Chance skimmed his hand up the inside of my thigh until he reached the hem of my dress. “Yeah, I know. You told me once.”

My head snapped up and I gripped his chin roughly. “Tell me what I said!”

I watched Chance’s ocean blue eyes drop to my lips once before licking his own and smiling at me. “First, try this key lime cheesecake. It’s so good.”

My scowl was back. “No,” I whined. “I’m not going home ten pounds heavier and having to spend the next month trying to get the extra weight off. No way.”

“Please?” he pouted, taking his own bite and leaving some on his lips. On purpose, I’m sure. The tip of his tongue peeked out to swipe some of creamy sweetness away and I could not stop staring.

I gazed into his eyes for only a moment before covering his mouth with my own. His arms tightened around me as I licked the sugary goodness from his lips and I moaned in delight. I pulled back slowly, loving the way his mouth hung open and his eyes stayed closed. “Did I lie?” he chuckled. “Good, right?”

I rubbed my lips together and sighed deeply. “Yes, it’s heavenly.”

“Heavenly?” Chance echoed, using both hands to pull me closer as I sat with my legs dangling over the side of the chair. “Well, I guess you’d know, Angel.”

I let my head fall back with laughter at his corny joke. When I raised my head, I was met with his stormy irises, alight with want. “You want more?” he whispered with a deep gruffness to his voice.

I nodded and licked my lips slowly, eyeing the cheesecake on the tip of his finger. I considered shoving it into his own face until I saw the way his eyes followed my mouth. I gripped his hand, guiding the digit closer to my waiting lips. I swirled my tongue around the tip before taking more into my mouth with a quiet whimper.