Chapter 138: Nerf That F**cker!

Start from the beginning

"Haaa!? You don't know!?" Criss-crossing green and red lines bulged on Justin's neck. He glared at the room as he thundered, "What Kind of Useless Fucks Are You Lot! Do I have to do everything myself!? HUH!?" His irritation only grew when the developers remained silent. "What are you waiting for!? Go dig up everything about him! Download his profile if you have to! I want to know where he's been, who he knows, what time he takes a fucking dump! You hear me!"

"S-sir," a brave developer spoke up. "Downloading a customer's profile without consent is illeg—"

"Fuck!" Justin cursed, eyes nearly bulging out of their sockets. B.A.M.! With a hard slap against the table, he pointed at the developer. "Pack your shit and get the fuck out! Fucking useless! I need solutions, not fucking wisecracks! This kid's a hacker, okay, HACKER! Our policies do not apply to fucking hackers!"

"B-but, L.N.E cannot be hacked," the intern stammered.

That statement was true.

The inability to hack L.N.E was one of the most fantastic selling points of the game. For the lead game developer to now claim otherwise was beyond dangerous for the game's brand, even if it was just as an excuse to fish out news about a user.

Justin turned to the intern, his visage suddenly dropping to an eerie calm. An indication of his rage finally breaking past the roof. "Rumaki-kun is dead." He stated darkly, tone containing naked threat within. "His boasts died along with him. Do not ever rely on the boasts of a dead man. Understood?"

The intern stiffly nodded.

The man named Rumaki was the original lead developer of the infant project King's Journey all those years back. The entirety of L.N.E was created with the original engine he programmed for King's Journey.

Apparently, the Artificial Intelligence Rumaki created to handle the game was so advanced that it regularly updated itself against popular hacking methods. Due to its rapid learning ability, industry analysts dubbed it as the first, genuinely unhackable machine,

The A.I maintained that reputation for over six years running. The chances of it being hacked now were far too low.

But, the developers had to do as Justin said. His temper was famous in the gaming industry, and no one wanted to lose their job over a whim.

'Aish, if only Rumaki-san lived long enough to see his creation become a success.'

More than one developer silently sighed in their hearts.

"S-sir," a developer raised his hand. "We already tried downloading some metadata earlier, but a Project Rebirth banner denied our access."

Justin's eyes narrowed. "Project Rebirth," he murmured. He leaned back on his chair, scalp reflecting light off overhead lamps. He had been briefed on the project earlier in the year, warning him to steer clear of any candidates whose metadata were blocked by that banner. He frowned, wondering how he would work something positive out of this. He could not ban the kid since he did not have access to his account, and he could not justify harming his guild either. The leader's brows furrowed even deeper.

Would he have to start considering damage control?

At this point, the door suddenly burst open, and a disheveled developer rushed in with wide eyes. He did not bother with courtesy or greetings, only raising his hand to reveal a hard drive. "Th-They sent it!"

Justin's brows were touching by this point, his irritation causing him to growl, "Who sent What!?"

The developer, stunned by the growl, instantly recollected himself and realized he was standing in his superiors' meeting. Bowing at a 90 degrees angle, he quickly dispensed his greetings then shook the Hard Drive with an excited gleam in his eyes. "Kashi's profile. They sent the entire thing!"