𝐗𝐗𝐈

BANG!

The sound echoed through the quiet streets. It rung in Mikasa's ears, pure horror covering her entire face.

Eren stood in place in shock. It all happened so fast that by the time he realised what had happened blood was gushing out of the wound in his shoulder and out of his mouth.

Jean and Armin stopped in their tracks, watching Eren slowly fall to the ground with a thud. Mikasa let out an ear piercing scream.

"EREN!!!"

Jean rushed up to his best friend and saw that he was still awake. "Oy!" He cried shaking the brunette who merely looked up at the sky in a daze.

Armin slowly turned his head and saw a man, dressed in all black, holding a pistol in one hand and the other a sword. "N-No... way..." He stuttered.

Jean turned his head and glared at the source of all this. "Bastard!!" Jean growled.

Just before Jean could go and beat the living daylights out of the man, Eren grabbed his arm. "N-No..! Get my father! He's a hunter!! A professional one!!" Eren coughed.

"What?! A professional??" Jean exclaimed.

"Yes..." Armin began, "he's the man who had been going around killing the vampires around this city."

"Armin... you need to get Mikasa out of here!" Eren coughed as he slowly stood up, clutching the wound on his chest. "Jean and I will fight him until my father arrives."

"B-But-"

"No buts!!" Eren yelled as he took his jacket off, tossing it to the side. "Please keep Mikasa safe and contact my father as soon as the both of you are at a safe distance."

Armin looked at Eren then Jean who nodded to him. Reluctantly he grabbed the very confused and scared Mikasa and ran off, disappearing into the shadows of the alleyway next to them.

When Eren thought they were long gone, he released a heavy sigh and dug his fingers into his shoulder. He grunted in pain as he slowly removed his hand from his shoulder. In between his fingers was a silver bullet.

It burned against his skin, Eren let go of the bullet hissing in pain.

Jean cracked his knuckles and glared at the man before them. "Why don't you tell us your name before we both beat your ass up?!" Jean asked demandingly.

"I have no need to tell you of my name, you disgusting creatures." The man said raising his head. He looked at Jean then at Eren, he furrowed his eyebrows and eyed Eren.

"You," he began, pointing his gun at the brunette. "You look very familiar to me... and my wounds ache at the sigh of your cursed face."

"Hah?!" Eren asked. "You sayin' I'm ugly?!"

The man chuckled, "maybe I shall tell you my name," He began still looking at Eren. "My name is Michael Ryne."

Ryne...?! Both Jean and Eren thought in unison. They looked at one another and could immediately tell what each other was thinking about. "We'll worry about it later," Eren said facing Michael, "we gotta deal with this bastard first!"

Jean grinned, "yeah!" He exclaimed.

"Say your prayers, hunter!!" Jean roared running up to Michael who pointed his gun at Jean. Eren ran up to him and kicked the gun out of his grasp. Jean punched Michael on his chin sending him up.

Eren pivoted on his left foot and kicked Michael to the wall next to them.

Michael collided with the wall with a sickening thud. There was a crack that formed from the impact and the bricks on the wall began to break. Michael slowly got up, wiping the blood off his face with a smile. "I seem to have underestimated you." He said.