𝐗𝐕

«𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐬𝐚 𝐏𝐎𝐕»

I don't know why but Eren has been avoiding me and ignoring me for nearly the whole day! It's annoying and for no reason at all... it hurts...

I just want to talk to him and make sure he's ok. Sure I'm still a little traumatized from two weeks ago and I do want some answers... but I know when not to pry into people's business's.

I release my one millionth sigh of the day as I listened to my math teacher about Algebra II. "Pst! Hey! Mika." I hear someone whisper to me. I turn my head and see Annie next to me. "Where's Eren?" She asks.

I turn around and see that he wasn't there. Weird.... I'm pretty sure he was headed this way when he ran away from me...

I look at Annie and shrug, "do you think he's skipping class?" I ask in a whisper-tone.

"Probably." She answers.

We see the teacher eyeing us from the corner of her eye and we immediately face forward trying to focus on our work.

𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗦𝗸𝗶𝗽 Σ(・□・;) (cuz I'm lazy :P)

It's finally last period, but the downside it was English... FOQNFORNRJDJF AAAAAAA I SUCK AT ENGLISH!!!!

"Alright, everyone! Sit down and turn to page 101!" Our teacher says over the conversations the students were having.

We all do what she says and just when she was about to begin the lesson, Eren came running in. "Sorry I'm late, miss!" He exclaims, breathing heavily.

The teacher gives him a weird look but then she shakes it off. "Just don't do it again." She says and turns around, "now go sit."

"Yes, miss." Eren humbly replied and takes his seat between Connie and Armin.

While the teacher explained how to pronounce various words, I couldn't help but eavesdrop on Connie and Erens conversation. "Hey, where were you?" Connie asks.

"I skipped last period. I was napping for awhile then I left early and I got caught..." Eren answers laughing halfheartedly. "So I had to help the teacher and that's why I was late."

Connie chuckles, "looks like troublemaker Eren is back." He says.

"Oh stfu." Eren says rolling his eyes and the two laugh.

"Would you two like to share your conversation to the class?" The teacher abruptly asks and the two whip their heads to the front.

"Uh... no miss..." Eren replies.

"Alright, then." The teacher says and looks at the text book. "Mikasa, can you read... line 3 of page 102." She says and I freeze.

Oh shit... I'm screwed....

"U-Uh..." I stutter, "t-the... poem i-in... inspired b-by..."

This is why I hate English!!! Why is it so hard to speak! Someone help me!!

"Would anyone like to help her out?" The teacher asks then her attention turns to Eren. "Eren, make up for your lateness and read the whole first paragraph.

I sink in my seat in embarrassment. I hate this so much...

"The poem, inspired by Van Gogh's painting Starry Night, is by Anne Sexton where she identifies with another tortured suicidal artist and makes comparisons between her own life and the masterpiece she is talking about." He reads in a very casual tone.

The whole class sits there in astonishment.

I just sat there, staring at him, dumbfounded. I never knew he was this good at English. Even his pronouncements are correct.

"Alright, please read the poem." The teacher orders.

"The town does not exist except where where one black haired tree slips up like a drowned woman into the hot sky." He pauses and then continues. "The town is silent. The night boils with eleven stars. Oh starry starry night! This is how
I want to die."

"Very good." The teacher compliments and he smiles a little.

Later the teacher let us form groups to help each other out with our English work. I was in a group with Connie, Armin, Eren, Christa and Annie.

"Hey, Eren. How are you so good in English?" Annie asks raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, when I was little I lived in America because my father worked there. I came back to Japan when I was about nine or ten years old." He explains.

"And every now and then we speak English in our house." He adds.

"Woah! You went to America?!" Annie exclaims.

"Yeah." He chuckles.

"Hah! Show off!" Connie exclaims and Eren hits him on the head.

"Says you!" Eren spits back at him. The two butt heads, insulting one another before they start to fight. Armin tries to stop them but unsuccessfully did so, Annie and the rest of us tried to hold our laughter in.

"Anyways! You guys need any help?" Eren asks while hitting Connie's arm.

"Nope, especially from you." Connie answers returning the punch.

Annie looks my way and a small smirk appears on her face. Oh shoot... I feel like something bad is about to happen...

"Hey Eren, why don't you give Mika a hand? I for one know that she absolutely sucks at English." She suggests with a fake friendly smile. Or not...

Eren stays quiet for a moment, then he glances over to me and our eyes meet. He immediately averts his gaze from mine and turns to Annie. "Nah, she was fine. I think she just doesn't like talking in front of the whole class." He explains.

Annie looks at him, giving him a are-you-kidding-me kind of look.

"Fair enough." She sighs and eyes him as he talks to Armin an everyone else. I swear Annie is a lot more observant than you think she is. She notices the smallest thing about and is hella straightforward about it.

I sigh and long for the day to end already. I just want to go home with Eren so I can finally talk to him... and get answers...

The final bell rang and all the students made their way out, all happy that the day had finally come to an end. I was walking with Christa and Annie to the gates.

When we got there, we saw the boys standing their talking to one another.

I see Eren immediately notice me and he laughs. "Sorry guys! I gotta go. I've got some stuff to do today... and tomorrow..." he says gloomily.

He starts walking the opposite direction to our house.

I say my farewells to the girls and run up to Eren. "Where are you going? Our house is the other way." I say pointing.

"U-Uh... yeah.. I know, I just gotta do some stuff before I go home!" He says and runs off.

Why Eren? Why are you doing this? It hurts...

It really... does.