Chapter 36

"I can't believe them." I say out loud to my self.

It's now 5:20am. I'm so angry with Kaden and Dane that I don't know if I'm even gonna let them explain to be honest. Seeing that photo and then seeing them with her was enough. After how they acted tonight though, them knowing she is part of the reason I left my job because of the shit she did. I just don't think that I can ever forgive Kaden and Dane for this. She was touchy feely with both of them like it's normal. Ugh! I hate her. 

Me- So where we going for your birthday next weekend?

Miles- Depends on what kind of trouble you wanna get in.

Me- All of the trouble sounds good.

Miles- You get home okay? I'm sorry about all that.

Me- Yeah, I did. It isn't your fault.

Miles- Get some sleep. I'll text you in the morning. Night.

Me- Night.

I'm so emotional that I can't sleep. Hurt but mostly angry. Maybe fate is trying to tell me that Kaden and Dane aren't the ones for me and I'm just too stupid to listen. Lately that is what it seems like. My thoughts just keep going back and fourth. The sun is out, I should be sleeping but I spent the night obsessing over what the hell happened. I lay down on my bed and curl up in a ball. A few minutes later someone knocks on my door.

"Come in." I say.

"Why are you up so early?" Tate asks.

"Didn't sleep." I say.

"Why?" Tate asks.

I unlock my phone, open Miles message to the photo and then toss Tate my phone.

"Damn. I'm sorry, Gem. You okay?" Tate asks as he comes in and sits on my bed.

"Not really but I will be." I say.

"Why do you smell like weed and cologne?" Tate asks. "Where did you get that hoodie?" Tate asks.

"Full of questions. A friend of mine." I say.

"Okay, so you smell like weed cause it's their hoodie?" Tate asks.

"Not really." I say as I make a face.

"Why?" Tate asks.

"I don't know. I get mad and I do stupid shit. I'm fucked up." I say.

"You're fucked up right now?" Tate asks.

"No, in general. I'm fucked up, a fuck up." I say.

"Don't say that. You're not fucked up and you're not a fuck up." Tate says.

"Yeah? Well, wanna tell me why I can't keep anyone interested in me, like Kaden and Dane for example, if I'm not fucked up?" I ask.

"If they're not staying interested then they're idiots. That is on them not you." Tate says.

"I think I might leave for a few days. I need to go where Kaden and Dane won't know where I am. I need space from them. Detox from them, I guess." I say.

"I'll keep them away. You don't have to leave." Tate says.

"You'd do that?" I ask.

"Of course." Tate says.

"I think that would be best." I say.

"I'll let Jàime know what's going on so she doesn't accidently let them in." Tate says.

"I'd appreciate it. I really hate to put you guys in the middle of it though." I say.

"I'm gonna try to get some sleep I guess." I say.