Chapter 37

When I get inside the house I go inside the room I'm sleeping in. I just sit on the bed and stare off into the hallway. I throw myself back on the bed and fall asleep quickly with my phone in hand. When I wake up my phone is gone and someone is knocking at the door. I'm not sure who it is so I cautiously and quietly walk to the door and open it.

"You got a tan." Tate says.

"Yeah. I spent a lot of time on the beach. What are you doing here? How did you guys get here so fast?" I ask.

"I didn't come alone. Jàime and Miles tagged along too. We were in the airport already when you called Jàime." Tate says.

"Wait, Miles is with you too?" I ask confused.

"Well, Jàime and I thought you'd like to see us all, well except Kaden and Dane. Besides Miles offered to pay the airfare." Tate says.

"I can't believe you guys are here." I say shocked.

"You smell like coconuts." Tate observes as he hugs me.

"Next time, Take us with you so we don't have to fly." Jàime jokes as she drags herself up the walkway.

"How did you guys even find me?" I ask.

"Find my Iphone.. Miles gave me the idea and you can't just leave and think things are magically going to fix themselves." Jàime points out.

"I don't think that. It's just that leaving is the only thing that stopped me from doing what I really wanted to do." I say.

"What do you really wanna do?" Tate asks.

"Make you all forget again." I say bluntly.

"Just because you have the power to do that, doesn't mean it's right, Gemma." Jàime says with an annoyed sigh.

"I know, but how long until something else happens?" I ask.

"How long till William and Harvey catch up to me? It's been a couple weeks since the hospital for you guys, but I spent a year running from them, even though I made them forget too, I still worried they might remember. What if the cloak wears off or they find you guys, or me?" I ask.

"You worry too much. You gonna help us bring our stuff in or what?" Jàime asks with a chuckle.

"Oh, yeah sorry." I say as I walk out and help her carry stuff in.

"Where's Miles?" I ask.

"Different taxi. He should be coming soon though." Tate says as he looks up the road.

I hear my phone go off so I run inside and search for it. I forgot to shut it off after I called Jàime. When I finally find it I have missed calls, texts, voicemails, notifications, etc. I'm surprised it isn't dead yet but as soon as I turn the screen on the battery quickly drains to one percent then flashes off. I plug it in for a few minutes. I go back out to help Jàime and Tate when Miles pulls up. We spent the day getting them settled in.

The next morning I throw coffee on, grab my bank card an then transmit away, just up the street and out of cameras view to withdraw some cash from the ATM.

$8,000 Amount Correct? The machine flashes.

I know that is a bit much but I wanna make sure money isn't an issue so we can just have a good time today. Besides, it's just collecting dust so might as well use it. Right? I hit accept then grab my card and cash from the machine. Probably just broke the machine to be honest but that can be someone else's problem.

I walk back up the street then transmit back to the house. When I get there I pour myself coffee. Miles comes out to the kitchen half awake.

"Coffee?" I ask Miles.