Chapter 27

"I don't know how. I'm fine." I say. I shift in my seat and feel a sharp pain in my groin area. I get this surge of nausea. I get up to run to the bathroom.

"What?" Jàime says as she gets up and chases after me.

I get into the bathroom and slam the stall door closed thinking I'm going to throw up but I don't. Jàime is right behind me.

"I'm fine. I just thought I was gonna throw up." I say.

"Oh, okay. Well I'm gonna wait for you right here. I don't like that window being busted out with fuckface around." Jàime says.

I figure with all the drinks I had I should try to go pee again. I pull my underwear down and see blood.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!" I say each time I hit the bathroom stall door, hard.

"Gemma, what?" Jàime asks me. I open the door and pull her in and show her my underwear.

"You got your period?" Jàime asks confused why I'd be mad about that.

"No, Jàime! I didn't get my period!" I shout.

"How are you bleeding then?" Jàime asks.

I have my hand against the wall with my head down I look up at her and bite my lip nervously as I think Harvey attacking me.

"He didn't.." Jàime starts to say.

"He must have did it when he grabbed me." I say angrily.

"I'm not sure if he caught my piercing or if it's something else though." I say.

"Piercing? So you really did get it done?" Jàime asks.

"Yeah. And he noticed it too." I say, I'm pissed off.

"Well, let's not think it's anything else, it could be your piercing bleeding. Here." Jàime says as she hands me a compact makeup mirror. She then walks out of the stall and goes over to the sink, runs a paper towel under warm water then gives me two damp paper towels and a dry one to clean myself up with.

"What's the mirror for?" I ask confused.

"So you can see." Jàime says as she gestures to my lower half.

I ask Jàime if she could run to the house for new panties for me. She texts Tate to see if he could bring me a pair. She told him it was a 'female emergency' so he didn't ask questions. I wrap up my bottoms in paper towels and put them into my purse. Then I take the mirror and check.

"Well?" Jàime asks me through the stall door.

"Hard to tell. But I think maybe it's my piercing. Should I take it out so I can see if it is?" I ask.

"If it's not torn, ripped or bleeding then I wouldn't." Jàime says.

"I'm not bleeding at all now so that's why I can't tell." I say.

"Do you think he might have.. broken.. something?" Jàime asks.

"I don't know. He grabbed me really hard. Hard enough for it to hurt instantly." I say.

"Then he might have.." Jàime starts to say but I cut her off.

"Not helping right now, Jàime." I say sadly.

"Sorry, I was just trying to help figure it out. I'll stay in here with you while we wait for Tate. You sure you don't you wanna talk about it?" Jàime asks.

"Whether he did or didn't.. This is the last thing he will ever do to me. I'll kill him." I say. I feel my chest burning, I'm so angry.

"Gemma." Jàime says.