Chapter 30

Kaden and Dane pull up, Tate following behind them. They get out and jog up to where we are. I try calling Lizzie but she doesn't answer.

"So what's wrong?" Dane asks.

"Come inside and we will talk." I say.

I lead them inside with Nathan and Jàime to the ballroom.

"There's no one here. Thought this was a ball? Gemma, what's going on?" Kaden asks.

"I had everyone go home. There are more pressing matters at hand." Nathan says.

"Who the hell is he?" Dane asks.

"My uncle? I guess. If you stop talking I can explain." I say annoyed.

"Wait. I know you." Tate says to Nathan.

"Basically he is the reason you believe you're in love with me." I say to Tate.

"What? I'm in love with you cause I always have been." Tate laughs.

"No, Tate. You're in love with me because he told you that you were." I say pointing to Nathan.

"I don't follow." Tate says.

"That isn't what I said. I said he protects you because he was spelled to. If he's in love with you, that's all him." Nathan says.

"I'm confused." I say.

"Anyways, Nathan is a Lycan/Nosferatu hybrid. He can make you believe anything." I say.

"So how do you know he isn't mind-controlling you?" Tate asks.

"I'm part witch, mind control doesn't work on me." I say.

Tate looks at Kaden and Dane like what?

"It's true. Witches can't be effected by mind control, glamouring, compeltion, whatever you wanna call it." Kaden says.

"How do you know you are a witch?" Dane asks.

"My mother was a witch." I say.

"So, that makes you a Lycan/Nosferatu/Witch?" Kaden asks.

"In part. Yes she is, but that isn't just what she is." Nathan says.

"So what is she?" Jàime asks.

"That we will get into. I didn't want anyone to know because I couldn't take it to chance that William found out but things have changed now." Nathan says.

"Who's William? Kaden asks.

"My brother." Nathan says as he looks out the window.

"Okay, so sit down and shut up cause I'm about to lay some heavy things on you three." I say.

"What about Jàime?" Tate asks.

"She knows already." I say.

"It's not good." Jàime says.

"Okay so, Harvey. Yeah, he's working with William and he's pissed." I say.

"What? How?." Dane says.

"Apparently he's been working with William. And being Lycans you two should have let me know that it takes more to kill a vampire." I say.

"Gemma, we never have really had to deal with vampires, how would we know how they die? We're Lycans, not vampires. They've never been a problem for us or our pack until now." Dane says.

"I just figured you've known about this supernatural stuff longer, maybe you knew. You seem to know an awful lot about witches though." I say sarcastically, hinting about their relationship with Magda.