No words spoken

No questions asked

No consolation

Nothing

I felt him sniffing my scent as I myself greedily inhaled his. I was carried to the medical wing where a chaos was waiting for us.

Ryder who was still in his Lycan form was growling at the medics who tried to take Charlie to the emergency room. He was not letting anyone near him.

I was gently put down on a couch in the waiting area and given a soft peck on the forehead. I looked at my mate who gave me a small and reassuring smile taking away all my worries.

He walked towards his best friend who looked at him warily and stood before him maintaining a safe distanced to not make him feel threatened.

"Ryder, you need to let them help Charlie. They can save him." he tried to take a step further towards him but the snarl that left Ryder's mouth made him retreat his step.

"We need to treat Charlie now!" Nayanthara came running towards us and yelled.

"Ryder, please, let them help Charlie." I croaked.

"You can take him there yourself." Nayanthara offered. Ryder gave a subtle nod and followed her to the emergency room.

My mate was by my side again, on his knees, inspecting me for injuries. His hands raked over my throat making me hiss.

"It's swollen." He whispered. He leans forward and touch my forehead with his.

"I am sorry I was not there to protect you." he breathes out.

"It's not your fault." I sobbed. I held the back of his head with my shaky hands and entangled my fingers in his hair.

I was at fault here. I was not able to save Charlie who held on to me for his safety, who trusted me with his safety.

I failed as the Luna Queen

I couldn't use my abilities when they were needed the most.

A loving kiss was pressed against my lips and then my mate stood up and walked towards his mother. Then only I noticed all the people present in the waiting area.

Mother, Grace, Sasha, Gabriella. Sasha was crying in mother's arms whereas Grace and Gabriella were huddled in a corner bawling their eyes out.

What happened to them?

I stoop up as soon as I remembered about Sara.

"Berry!" mother screeched and my mate was at my side in an instant as I felt dizzy.

"Sa- Sara. How's Sara?" I asked as my mate pulled me in his embrace.

"I was about to ask that, love. Calm down."

"She is out of danger now. Nayanthara was able to save the baby too." Mother announced and a relieved smile made it's way on my lips.

"That's- that's great news." I said.

"How is Max?" I asked my best friend who looked at me with a teary smile.

"The- the doctor said that he will be fine." She managed to speak. There was an aura of nervousness around her as she was intimidated by the presence of so many Lycans around her. I gave her a reassuring smile.

The pain in my neck also vanished because of quick healing.

"I think I should go to my mate." Sasha said and left after bowing to all of us.