十二 ; 12

I sat on one of the new matte-black stools Koji bought for the girls in the locker room, thumbing through my third stack of money while the other 2 rested neatly on my thighs. Florice ain't come in tonight so it was really just Janeka that I knew like that in the club, and to be real, that was fine by me.

"100, 150, 200, 250, 260? Cheap-ass niggas." I slammed the baby stack down on the dresser in front of me with a twitch of my eyebrows and a suck of my teeth, separated the 10 out of my 100s and continued counting with precision. If its one thing that being here taught me, count your cash when you still around the nigga because they'll do shit like this and won't even be in the building no more for you to chin check him.

Luckily, I ain't care, what was a 10 when I had 2 grand sitting on my thighs and some hundreds still tucked in my bra tickling my nipples.

"Dang, Ari, you look mad as fuck, who done pissed off Koji girls?"

I had looked up, my hand still thumbing through my stack and my mouth still counting the total in silence. When I finished, I shrugged my shoulders at Koji concerning tone and turned around to fix up my makeup.

"Ain't nothing, Koji. Just the niggas out there playing games." I placed a manicured fingers on the short-stack and slid the 10 out of the pile.

"I been in the Toki room all night and one of the niggas thought it to be funny to give me a 10 instead of $100, so I'm kinda mad 'bout that."

"Aw, shit." Koji scratched his beard and sucked his teeth. I just kept applying my gloss with a nonchalant gaze at myself in the mirror.

"You want me to see if he still here? You know I'm not about to have you chump-changed-"

"Nah, not worth it. Imma make it back before the end of my night."

Koji nodded his head up and down and smiled at me, "That's what I like to hear, but if you change ya mind lemme know. Besides that, have you heard from Flo? She ain't in, and she ain't call or nothing."

My eyebrows raised at his question. I would think he would be the first one to know what's up but it was my fault for assuming, I guess.

"Nah," reaching into my duffle, I pulled out my hotcomb and let it sit on a coaster so it can heat up a little bit before I used it. "I think Janeka said she was sick or something. If anything, we can swing by and see what's up. I'll even tell her you especially were worried." My eyes narrowed at Koji with a playful smirk before going back to my makeup.

"Hey now, shhhhh¸ you said you wasn't gonna say nothing."

"I'm not! You got my secrecy, just remember to lock the doors next time or have your security do more than stand around big for nothing."

"You a trip, Ari. But, aye, I wanna introduce you to someone."

"Me? Why me?" Smoothing down my hair, I hopped off the stool to fix my string bikini so nobody was getting a free show. When I turned to look at Koji there was a slender nigga standing next to him with a black polo on and black jeans, I think there was a PRPS brand on the hem but nothing else.

What kind of brand was named PRPS?

He was a clean-cut dude, chocolate skin and clean ass skin. It was something about his dark brown eyes that made me flinch a little but I played along.

"Ari, this Rich. Rich, this is Ari, the one you had seen on the stage?"

"Oh shit, nice to meet you miss lady. I just wanted to holla at my boy really quick 'bout some business but I had to stop allat to let him know he got a cute ass girl in his club."