十七 ; 17

Janeka and I instantly jumped to attention, wondering what the fuck was going outside and why our girl Florice was thrown into the mix. Before I could even hit the door with Janeka, I heard my name being called over the dressing room speaker.

"Cherie Blossom to the stage. Cherie Blossom to the stage. It must be springtime how you got these niggas blooming for you, girl!"

"Shit!" I frowned, watching Janeka already beginning to push the emergency exit door open, the wider the door became the louder the screams and shouts had gotten.

Beat that hoe ass, Quan!

Don't nobody jump in, neither! This shit a one on one!

Show that bitch what happen when she fuck with your babydaddy, Quan!

I looked at Janeka, then back at the speaker. I knew if I was gonna risk my time on stage that was gonna be a 50% fine on Koji behalf. But then again I couldn't risk Florice getting dragged across the parking lot pavement, neither.

"Go on stage, girl." Assured Janeka, snatching off her hoops, necklace, and chains. She removed the jewel in her middle finger ring and left nothing but the spiked attachment to hold the ring. Luckily for her, she ain't have to worry about no hair since she kept a finger-wave style.

"I got Flo, go ahead." Shooed Janeka. I watched her dash through the door and shut it close behind her. My inner instincts told me to boss the fuck up and go outside but my better judgement told me to do what Janeka was gonna set shit straight.

"Now who the fuck fighting who? Ain't no one on one no ore, bitch, I want all the fucking smoke. Get the fuck up off her!"

The shouts escalated, some for Janeka and the other for the anonymous girl Quan. Now, I didn't know much about much but something told me that whoever Quan was had to be some kind of people to Koji. And by the way Florice was beginning to show, word must have gotten around the block that Florice was carrying Koji baby.

I didn't know much about Koji besides the fact he was handsome, had a good business mindset, was Rich's homeboy, and Florice's man. He never mentioned to us about kids or anything like that. And, even so, if he had kids Florice would have been spilled the beans.

So what was the fucking deal?

Cherie, oh Cherie, where art thou tree, girl?

I sucked my teeth, squinting at the speaker overhead in the dressing room. The other girls inside looked over at me with a sneer expression, but I ignored it as I applied my gloss. I didn't even have the attention to go out there and shake ass like business as usual. I didn't know how to fucking fight but I would have jumped in to help my girl, without a doubt.

Fuck it then, I guess. Money calling.

I fixed my rhinestone bikini bra and matching thong so it was hiked over my hips and accentuated my curves. Giving myself an additional one-over, I smirked in approval and twisted my hips as I walked out the door.

Money bag in hand, I didn't even make it to the stage before an unwanted figure stepped in front of me and blocked my way to the stage.

It was Rich, and he reeked of Hennessey and Teriyaki sauce. It took everything in me not to embarrass this nigga and cover my nose, so I did my best to keep it cute. I could see Peanut off to the side watching me, making sure I was straight. I nodded at Peanut to calm down and he did just that, looking straight ahead into the distance.

"Damn, ma," Rich slurred, his lips spreading into a charming smile, "So you not returning my calls now? I thought we was cool."

"We are cool, Rich," I frowned, "But just because we're cool doesn't mean I gotta hit you up every day on the hour."