18 ; 十八

There wasn't much said between Koji and I, I packed up my duffle and he made a beeline to the car so we could both go to the hospital together. I pulled on my bucket hat to hide my eyes as I made my way through the drunken onlookers and mosey ass dancers still jiggling their asses for hat hot 100 dollar bill.

While the bouncer Big Red looked through my duffle to make sure I wasn't stealing per protocol, I looked around out of curiosity only to get sick to my stomach in disgust.

It was that new stripper Suki and Rich in the center of the club, she was practically grinding his dick through his jeans while he had one had on her glittery titty and the other gripping another murky cup of unknown substance.

At this point, good fuckin' riddance. She probably more his speed than I'll never want to be.

-

It was an eerie kind of silence in that emergency room almost like we were waiting for someone to come out of surgery I couldn't really explain it.

Koji was pacing back and forth constantly asking nurses and some physician assistants alike when she was gonna be able to come to the back to see her all they kept saying was she was still being treated and stabilized but we already knew that shit was not enough for a big nigga like Koji.

"Fuck you mean stabilize her what the fuck y'all doing to keep having to stabilize her." Koji barked.

"Sir we can't disclose that information, if you are not the patients next of kin or her husband so I'm going to have to ask you to take a sea-"

"I'm her fucking fiancé does that not mean shit to y'all? Let me in this fucking emergency room!"

"Sir! One more peep out of you and were going to have to ask you to leave there are actual sick people here."

"And you telling me that me wanting to see my girl ain't en-"

"Alright, Koji just chill for a second, bruh." Koji homeboy Burna sat next on Koji's right as I sat on his left with my arms and legs crossed.

"Man, these nurses here fucking tripping I don't understand why they even brought her here." Koji huffed in his seat and buried his face in his hands, carefully kneading his temples like a huge knot was sitting right at the surface.

"It's gonna be ok, Koji" I softly reassured him.

Truthfully as much as I was trying to be the fake optimist I was so worried I didnt know what to do with myself.

When we drove out of the parking lot there was blood, weave, shoes, and torn pieces of clothes scattered all around. Some girls even said one of the bitches had a knife and she was swinging on everyone who got close to the fight.

That shit just reminded me-

"Oh shi- excuse me ma'am," I stood to my feet, rushing over to the reception with a worried expression, "I was wondering if there's any updates on my friend Janeka she was brought in on a separate ambulance-"

The pudgy triage nurse looked up at me from her two sizes too small circular glasses and did everything in the name of professionalism not to roll her eyes at me.

I kept my poker face too because she wasn't about to give me no fucking lip without the charge nurse hearing everything but I'm a child of god come out of my mouth.

When she saw I kept my composure but still was not to be fucked around with, she put down her clipboard straightened her scrubs and shuffled to the back without saying much to me.

I kept standing up there for what felt like forever, especially with Koji staring holes in my back as well. The same nurse came back with the same turned up face and a cup of cranberry juice like she had just come back on break and my ears instantly got hot.

"Ma'am, did you hear anything about my friend?" I asked with a little aggression.

She took one glance at me took a sip of her cranberry juice and plopped back into her triage seat. I felt pity for that seat because i could hear it whine and groan as she leaned her ass back to get comfortable.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we can only allow family members and spouses back to see the patient."

"But she doesn't have any-"

"Excuse me ma'am are the nurse up here?"

Koji and i looked to the direction of the emergency room door to a 6"5 caramel complexion dude who was sporting a black hoodie and matching black jeans he had two tear drops under his eye a big ass red rose in the middle of his neck and  another visible rose on his left hand. He had light brown eyes and innocent looking eyes that could make you fall in the backwards if he let you.

I had to stop myself from staring too hard so nobody thought that was my man, rest assured my eyes weren't the only one following him in the crowded ER.

"I'm looking for my wife Janeka."

Wife?!

He made a beeline up to the triage nurse who did her best to hide the crumbs collecting in front of her. I couldn't even help seeing her straighten her back up to perk her J cup titties too.

I rolled my eyes to the back of my neck and my spine in my mind.

"Yes sir," the nurse cleared her throat and readily hopped on the computer to look into the patient database.

"What's her last name?"

Janeka Eloi Bordelon

Wait a minute was this girl creole? I thought her last name was Smith/ She failed to mention that when she was digging through my back to know about the front. Hmph!

"Hmmm Borderlon... Bordelon.... bordelon.. ah yes she's in room 20. You can walk through these double doors and make a left then another right. If you get lost you can-"

The mystery guy didn't even wait for her to make anymore flirty advances to him he just hurried his pace through the doors without even looking our way.

When I turned to look at Koji there was a look on his face like someone spit on his shoes after recovering from pneumonia it almost made me wanna go to the bathroom and check if there was shit on my face or something.

"Koji? You know this  so called husband of Janeka's?"

He opened his mouth to speak but when the automatic sliding doors open my eyes automatically pulled their direction like magnets were attached to my pupils.

It was Q. Without a doubt he was here for Janeka but when he saw me standing at the the reception desk he paused for a moment and looked me in my eyes. My stomach did a front flip and my throat started to close i took this as a sign to walk away.

"Koji, imma be back."  used that as an excuse to go to the bathroom and collect my thoughts but my heart was going a million miles a second.

Before i could say another word, Q cleared his throat, wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer as the tubby triage nurse looked us up and down with a raised eyebrow.

"Florice Watson. She was brought in via ambulance. Thats my sister and this is my wife. We want to see her."

We?! Wife?! Is it a full moon?!

"Ah yes of course Mr. Watson. She's in room 9 and the doctors are inside her room as well. But i must warn you-"

"Ayo Koji come on, bruh."

Without hearing much else from the nurse, Q let go of my waist and went ahead of the two of us. Koji shortly followed and so did I.

Not until i made a subtle "just what you get bitch" face to her before disappearing inside to her room.