Chapter eighty four

Andrew silently finished cutting the bars. He slipped through the windows and placed the bars back in their place. He stripped out of his prison uniform and walked until he reached a street, where Reagan was waiting for him.

"Get in the van" she said, "quickly"

He hopped in and they drove off. He couldn't believe he was free.

————————————————————

"Virgil are you sure about this?" Remus asked. "I mean, how are you going to work if you can barely speak to a stranger without sobbing your eyes out?"

Virgil rolled his eyes, "i've been doing this for months now, and it's a job so.."

Janus sighed, "alright, come on"

"Oh come on, I get pated like three hundred fifty dollars per week, and house sitting is so easy! Just stay at someone's house, water the plants, feed the cats, walk the dogs, clean the house, make sure dust doesn't build, make sure food doesn't go bad, and I don't even have to hold that many conversations!" Virgil exclaimed, "easy money for a kid my age."

"Fine, let's go to the house"

————————————————————

Saying the house was small was an understatement. This house was downright tiny. Nobody understood why an old lady who had plenty of money wanted a house that seemingly had only two bedrooms, one bathroom, a tiny kitchen, and a smaller than average living room.

Virgil wasn't complaining, though. Less for him to do.

"Alright so all I have to do this time is feed goldfish and cats every so often and clean" Virgil said to himself.

"How often is that?" Remus asked.

"Well, i'll come over every hour or so to make sure the cat's water bowl is full, and I only have to feed him twice a day. So that's easy. Oh look, it's feeding time" Virgil filled the cat's bowl with cat food and it started eating immediately. He also filled the water bowl up as well.

"Okay the goldfish's feeding time is 9 am, 12:45 pm, and 7pm, so that will be easy to maintain" Virgil began to set alarms on his phone.

"Virgil the house maid" Remus whispered, watching as Virgil dusted the ceiling fan.

"Oh, Virgil!" Janus said dramatically, "I dropped my fork! Could you please pick it up for me?" He gushed.

Remus busted out laughing and Virgil blushed, throwing a pillow at him.

They continued to laugh as Virgil grumbled.

————————————————————

By the end of the two weeks Virgil had to spend at the house, he had earned seven hundred fifty bucks, and once he had gotten home, added it to the money saving jar. But at the same time as that, he worked another job as a pet sitter, and earned eight hundred ninety two dollars.

He'd been working various jobs for a good few years now to help out with his mother. His mother didn't know this, though, and By now, he'd earned well over 20,000 dollars.

He always slipped extra money into his mother's wallet, after all she'd done for him, he wanted to pay her back.

And now..now he was going to have a sibling.

A baby sibling. Those were expensive to deal with and he knew his mother wouldn't be able to afford a lot of things for the baby.

Toys, cribs, cradles, sheets, blankets, food, pillows, teething stuff, a mattress, baby shampoo and body wash.. soft wash cloths...clothes..winter clothes....oh god, diapers and baby wipes.

Stuffed animals...every child needs that one stuffed animal that they get an emotional attachment too.

You just simply can't be a child if you don't have that one stuffed animal that you love more than your own family.

Virgil felt sad and it showed on his face.

"Hey..Virgil..what's wrong?" Janus asked when he noticed Virgil's look.

"Hm? Oh..I-I'm just worried.."

"You're always worried" Remus snickered.

"I mean about my sibling, mom can't afford all of the baby essentials, let alone the cost of giving birth, how much do you even have to pay for that? I'm just worried..what if mom ends up having to put the kid up for adoption?" Virgil asked sadly.

"What if mom doesn't let me help out? She'll probably feel guilty and say 'that's your money, you earned it, save up for college' or something like that. But I had to be smart so dad wouldn't beat me, so with all of my test scores i'm sure I can get scholarships!" Virgil ranted.

"I hope my mom can understand that there's nothing more that I could want with this money, than to spend it on my sibling with" Virgil told them.

"Awwwee, Virgey..that's so sweet! I mean, i'd never dream of sharing with my brother, and I bet Janus wouldn't either"

"I don't have a brother-"

"Exactly"

"Hey Virgil, I know what would cheer you up...wanna play lick the mannequin?"

Virgil pouted and nodded.

"Alright, let's go to the mall, I have a feeling Betsey is going to get it this time~"

"You named the mannequins?!" Janus asked.

"We don't speak of that."

A/n: alright, so since Virgil spent two weeks house sitting, Andrew's spent two weeks out of prison, plotting with Reagan.