Chapter twenty four

A/n: whoop whoop! I finally published another chapter of too good to be true, take that procrastination!

TW: abuse and slight unwanted sexual advances

Enjoy, loves!

Virgil woke up and walked to his window. He looked at the rain and smiled. He loved the rain.

Lightning cracked across the sky and he smiled wider.

Normally loud noises would scare him...

But this, this was...

calming.

He woke up from his daydream when he spotted a boy running past his house.

The boy looked like he was crying, and was panting heavily from what Virgil could tell.

Wait was that Roman?

Virgil scribbled a quick note to his mom, explaining where he'd be, then opened his window quickly after grabbing a huge umbrella, and climbing down the side of his house.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to go after him alone, he seemed unstable.

But he wanted answers.

He began to run after Roman.

--------------------

Lucia sighed and bit her lip. Could she really afford to do it again?

She thought over the plan once more and picked up the house phone, beginning to call the police.

She trusted Remus' plan.

But would it work?

The police man picked up.

Too late to back out now.

"Hello? It's Lucia Cloud—Please, I know i've called a million times before and you think i'm crazy, but I promise you! I am not lying! My husband is abusive! And he's going to-"

She listened to the policeman who interrupted her with a sigh.

He told her he'd send a few over and that this was the last time.

She whispered a quick "okay." And hung up.

She then began to call Remus and Janus.

"I called the police. Be over here in five. Thanks." She hung up.

--------------------

The phone hung up and Remus jumped out of bed, running towards the front door with Janus.

"Where are you two going?" Katlin asked, still reeling over Roman.

"Lucia called the cops! Our plan is set into action!" They ran out of the house and a surprised Katlin smiled.

"I hope it works.." she whispered.

Remus and Janus ran through the dark rainy night and got to the house where the policemen were.

They snuck around and heard a conversation.

"My wife is a little bit coo coo up here... you'll have to excuse her." Andrew said politely with a smile, pointing to his head, "She just got out of the hospital, and has been acting crazy for a while..I still love her with all of my heart though."

Remus would've barged in and broke Andrew's nose if it weren't for Janus holding him back. As much as he hated it, they needed to expose him, not get themselves in trouble.

"Hm. What I thought. C'mom Paul. Let's go." Carl said, strutting out of the house while showing off their weird hats.

Andrew closed the door behind them and as soon as the door closed, his smile dropped.

Remus and Janus popped out of no where and shushed the officer's begging them to follow them to a window, which they told Lucia to open the curtain to. They guided the confused officers quietly to the curtainless window, shushing them.

Carl and Paul were very confused, but stayed behind to watch.

They looked through the window and listened carefully. The window was cracked open, so they could hear. Remus began to film.

"Lucia. I told you. I told you so many times before.." he grabbed her wrist and slammed her against the wall, pinning her there by her arms. As he attacked her neck, "To never call the police..."

He slapped her hard against her face, and threw her to the ground.

"And what did you do?"

Lucia whimpered.

Another smack. "TELL ME WHAT YOU DID!" He screamed.

"I-I called the police.." she whispered.

"What?" Andrew asked. "I couldn't here you."

"I called the police!" She said louder in a broken voice.

Andrew slammed her against the floor.

"Who gave you permission to raise your voice at me?!" Andrew yelled at her.

"You did." She said in fear.

"Are you back talking me?" He asked angrily.

"No.."

"No what?"

"No...No sir."

"I don't believe you."

Andrew started throwing objects at his wife while he began to undress her and get rope out.

"Wait stop!" Lucia screamed. "You'll hurt the baby!"

"...what baby?" Andrew gritted out.

"When you raped me last week you got me pregnant! Please don't abort another one of our children!" Lucia screamed, backing away and sobbing her eyes out.

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

Andrew got a hammer and bent down to his wife's stomach.

"Carl, that kills people!" Paul said in disbelief, standing up from his crouched position.

"I'm aware Paul." Carl said, getting out his taser and running to the front door.

Carl kicked the door down, and ran to Andrew, tasing him, making him drop the hammer and fall to the floor unconscious.

Lucia gasped out ea sigh of relief and caressed her stomach with her hand, crying all over again.

She thought she was dreaming.

Would she finally...be free?

She smiled through her tears.

Her eyes widened.

What would Virgil say?

Before the officers could help her up, She ran upstairs to his room to find his window open and no trace of him.

But, there was a note.

'I went out. Don't worry I have an umbrella, love you mom!

-Virgil'

She walked back downstairs, worried for Virgil, but had to answer a few questions for the cops.